DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Wedding / Event Videography Techniques (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/)
-   -   Whos offering HD or Blue Ray to their clients? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/99128-whos-offering-hd-blue-ray-their-clients.html)

Rolland Elliott July 17th, 2007 08:16 AM

Whos offering HD or Blue Ray to their clients?

Whos offering HD or Blue Ray to their clients?

I'd like to offer this, but with the players costing $400 to $500 is their really a market for it? Will my clients even be able to enjoy the increased resolution?

Peace, Rolland

Richard Wakefield July 17th, 2007 08:24 AM

the market is growing slowly.. remember that there's a hell of a lot of people with ps3s (blu-ray players) so that's already a percentage of people that can play them!

Jon Omiatek July 17th, 2007 11:09 AM

We are offering Blu-Ray for $50 per disc. Out of 50 or so clients from last year, only 3 that wanted it on blu-ray. Those clients all of ps3's.

We also offer it on WMV-HD, M2t on HDV Tape or Hard Drive*for use on a tvix box.

Jim Fields July 17th, 2007 12:27 PM

I have been offering HD DVD's since early last year. I am pricing external BR and HD burners to add to my collection of, well electronics I guess.

Michael Y Wong July 17th, 2007 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Omiatek (Post 713313)
We are offering Blu-Ray for $50 per disc. Out of 50 or so clients from last year, only 3 that wanted it on blu-ray. Those clients all of ps3's.

I would like to think it is worth more then $50!

Josh Green July 17th, 2007 06:25 PM

I offer blue ray

I've been offering blue ray for most of this year and out of the twenty weddings i've shot only two have gone for it, both with PS3s. I've looked far and wide for an hd-dvd burner but have yet to find one that will work with my mac. I have had a few clients for '08 ask about hd dvd but I couldn't do anything for them.

Ger Griffin July 17th, 2007 07:45 PM

good point michael.
its up to us to set the precedent for how much we should charge and we should all agree on this to keep our industry healthy.

Kalulu Ngilo July 17th, 2007 08:58 PM

compression

anyone thought of encoding the videos for PS3/Xbox360.

the video would great and it would be in High Def. also.

then give it to them on a cd.

x264 compression works a charm too.

Neal Metzler July 18th, 2007 03:01 PM

Blu-Ray Burner

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josh Green (Post 713522)
I've been offering blue ray for most of this year and out of the twenty weddings i've shot only two have gone for it, both with PS3s. I've looked far and wide for an hd-dvd burner but have yet to find one that will work with my mac. I have had a few clients for '08 ask about hd dvd but I couldn't do anything for them.

What model of Blu-Ray burner are you using on your Mac? Our department is considering investing a Blu-Ray setup primarily for archival purposes but also with the intent of utilizing it for certain playback scenarios in the future.