Embarrassing Mistake - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Wedding / Event Videography Techniques
Shooting non-repeatable events: weddings, recitals, plays, performances...

Old July 21st, 2007, 05:30 PM   #16
Major Player

Dont worry about it, I have put the B/G's name from another wedding on the entire project. ( I was working on 3 at the same time)
Jim Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2007, 08:24 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Anderson View Post
I just finished a project and spelled both the MOB's and MOG's names wrong. At least it didn't look like I was playing favorites.

Best you can do is fix it and move on. That and maybe throw in an extra DVD or two.

Great advice getting names emailed.
I give the B&G a "draft" copy with "Draft" text along the bottom of the screen to go over with a fine tooth comb for spelling errors etc. They have a week to do this. I have thus far avoided any spelling mistakes...on the final copy that is.
Old July 21st, 2007, 11:02 PM   #18
Regular Crew

I have deliberately cut back on the amount of titling I include to reduce the risk of this happening. I have even gone as far as using first names in the title and no one has mentioned it. I include samples of weddings using only first names in my demos so they know what to expect.
Another thing I do is request an Invitation to refer to. The only problem is that one time it was spelled wrong on the invitation and the bride didn't notice it until I pointed it out.
I also have seen invitations that had such crazy fonts that you couldn't read them!
Mark Ganglfinger is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Wedding / Event Videography Techniques