Importing tracking information at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old July 30th, 2007, 02:17 PM   #1
Trustee

Importing tracking information

Is there a better way to match rotoscoped layers in Vegas than keyframing manually? I have access to tracking software, such as the one that comes with After Effects. I don't see how you can do any serious compositing without such a feature.
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 03:06 PM   #2
Inner Circle

What do you mean by match rotoscoped layers?
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 03:25 PM   #3
Trustee

Say you want to imprint some text on another moving layer. The text has to track to motion of the object it is imprinted on. I'm using text as an example; in reality I'm doing rig removal.
Old July 30th, 2007, 08:32 PM   #4
Inner Circle

While AE is probably your best bet, another option to consider is the full version of Boris FX.
It's a lot more powerful than the lite version that comes with Vegas and Motion Tracking, Stabilization and Corner Pinning are some of it's options.
There's a trial version available and, as a Vegas user, the upgrade from lite to full is only $199 (reg. $299).
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 09:51 PM   #5
Trustee

I have AE. I mean is there any way to use the tracking information in Vegas?
Old July 30th, 2007, 11:06 PM   #6
Inner Circle

I don't believe so.

But why not just do it in After Effects? You need to track the video in there anyways.
Glenn Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2008, 01:09 PM   #7
Major Player

I've just purchased Boris FX primarily for the motion tracking and stabilizing features.

It appears that these don't work in vegas. (Vegas 8 and the lastest build of FX 9)

Since vegas only passes the first frame to Boris it doesn't do any of the motion stuff.

Does anyone know a way around this other than purchases the Red rendering package for a thousand bucks?

I've tried opening the files in the keyframer and then saving the settings and appling them to the clip in vegas, but that didn't work.

The media 1280x720 in the Cineform HD codec.

BTW, I've combed Boris' site and it makes no mention of the motion features not supported in vegas. A poster on the creative cows forum claims that it won't work at all. :-(
I am going to be seriously bummed if I just bought a high priced coaster...
Reid Bailey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...