Removing Popping Noise at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 3rd, 2007, 03:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Removing Popping Noise

I've got segment of audio with some intermitent popping noise. There must have been a problem with the placement of the mic.

I could probably tease most of it out manually, but I was wondering if there was a plug in that was especially good at scrubbing stuff like this out?
Jon Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 06:22 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Jon,

I have never has much success with pop filter plug-ins. I think the manual editing method is best. It is time consuming, but the results are perfect.
Glenn Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 06:31 PM   #3

My method for dealing with pops is to export to Sound Forge and draw the pop out using the pencil tool. Fast, efficient, and eliminates them completely.
The Sony pop filter actually works really, really well if the pop isn't in the middle of a bunch of other plosive or percussive sounds. if it is, you'll need to draw it.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:24 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks Glenn and Spot,

I was afraid you were going to mention Sound Forge...was hoping to pick that up as a comp when I upgrade from Vegas 6 to 8. Hmmm...

I must have missed the pop filter in Vegas...or is that in V.7? Or perhaps labeled something else? Or maybe it's just that same condition I suffer from when looking for something specific in the fridge and never can seem to find it only to have my wife point at right at it sitting right under my nose.

Is it next to the Mayo or behind the beer? Or will I need to get it at the next trip to the store?
Jon Anderson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...