Any way to lower the opacity of a filter? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 5th, 2007, 01:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Any way to lower the opacity of a filter?

I have been playing with lots of filters and got some really great effects they are just too strong, if I could just lower the effect of the filter it would be perfect, but the filter (The Bump Map in this case) can't get the same result in a lower setting from what I can figure out, but if there was a way to just say the color is perfect just say apply it at 70% that would be ideal
Chris Klidonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 01:27 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi, try copying the video track so that you have 2 identical copies on top of each other, then add the effect to the top video layer 'only', then lower the opacity of the entire video track and leave the lower video track in tact, see if that works for you
Daniel Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 02:51 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks I was thinking of that but was hoping there was a way of doing it on the effect as I am not sure but I get the feeling that will super up the rendering time in the end. Guess you can't have it all..........
Chris Klidonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 03:09 PM   #4
Trustee

It's one of those features they will add in a future version so you can say "Why couldn't it do that all along?"
Emre Safak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2007, 11:21 PM   #5
Old Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Klidonas View Post
. . . (The Bump Map in this case) can't get the same result in a lower setting from what I can figure out, but if there was a way to just say the color is perfect just say apply it at 70% that would be ideal
Chris? Are you able to see ALL the sliders? I use BUMP Map for all sorts of things.

Also, sometimes - often - it is the order that the filters are chained that can have an effect. And recently I have been working with the pre- and post-toggle functions. Maybe these can affect what you are doing.

Look, if you are willing to share your veg, I could have an experiment with it and understand a bit fuller into seeing what you are after? Yes?

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...