DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   How do I overlay file name on timeline? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/100955-how-do-i-overlay-file-name-timeline.html)

Mark Sudfeldt August 9th, 2007 04:11 AM

How do I overlay file name on timeline?

I have Vegas 7 and am about to start a project with 50 photos that have to be in order on the timeline. It would be helpful to have the file name on top of them on the timeline while I work on them but I do not know how to turn on this feature. . . . could anyone help please?

Mark

Don Bloom August 9th, 2007 04:47 AM

Control Shift I will give you the file names.

Don

Mark Sudfeldt August 9th, 2007 05:21 AM

Perfect! Thanks Don.

Mark

Justin Deming August 11th, 2007 04:52 PM

Awesome, I didn't know that was an option, It will help a ton on future slideshows!

I will be making a video of a wedding, with video, and stills from the photographers, and having that data showing in the timeline will help a ton!

Edward Troxel August 11th, 2007 08:16 PM

There are several options like that under the View menu. This particular option is "Active Take Information".

Jason Robinson July 24th, 2008 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 727494)
There are several options like that under the View menu. This particular option is "Active Take Information".

Now, is there a way to put that active take information as a text overlay on top of the video so it is in the render? I have been trying to send clip & time code marked media to my composer so he can work on scoring to my scenes and we need to be able to refer to the time codes (ie instruction to do XYZ at 7min:30sec:frame20).

Edward Troxel July 24th, 2008 07:37 PM

You can do it manually but a much faster way is using the Quick Labels tool in Excalibur.

Jason Robinson July 24th, 2008 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 911663)
You can do it manually but a much faster way is using the Quick Labels tool in Excalibur.

Dang it! I knew I missed something! Don't tell me Ultimate S doesn't have this...... I just bought U.S. last week on basically a coin toss between your Excalibur and Ultimate S.

Graham Bernard July 25th, 2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason Robinson (Post 911677)
Dang it! I knew I missed something!

Answer: Get both!

Grazie

Jason Robinson July 25th, 2008 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Bernard (Post 911735)
Answer: Get both!

Grazie

Well once I meet the health insurance premium payment, and pay my doctor bill, then I'll think about doubling up on script packages.

Edward Troxel July 25th, 2008 02:02 PM

Jason, you can install it and use it for this project. It works as a trial for 15 days.

Jason Robinson July 25th, 2008 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edward Troxel (Post 911979)
Jason, you can install it and use it for this project. It works as a trial for 15 days.

Thanks Edward. I am sure I have already demoed it once before (probably a year or more ago) and then I know I looked at it again some time this year. My use will be more than one project (since I hopefully will need to do this frequently) and I don't want to demo it each time I need it, that just wouldn't be fair to you. I'll do this the hard way till I get the funds. Incidentally thanks for make that sort of feature available. I work with a composer down in LA and I hope to be sending back and forth a lot of time coded media clips and this sure would help out.