Complex Track Motion Mask Effect at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 11th, 2007, 06:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Complex Track Motion Mask Effect

I'm using a masked clip over the original clip to try to reproduce a figure in that footage so there's another one in the shot, and I'm using track motion to move the selected figure in the masked clip to a different place in the original clip so I can complete the effect. Hopefully, that makes sense. Everything looks fine in the preview window with the added figure, but when I go to render, the added figure shows up in a different place. I'm trying to figure out why and how I can accomplish this effect... essentially cloning something in the shot.
Will Hanlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 07:11 PM   #2

Could it be the half-field of an interlaced frame is giving you placement grief?
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Not sure. The placement is way off though from what is shown. But I was able to find a workaround... the preview is just not accurate so I used track motion to move it a lot more and using render I checked it to eventually get it in the right position. Seems like such a weird problem though. I don't know why the preview doesn't accurately reflect the final render. Thanks for your help.
Will Hanlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2007, 07:29 PM   #4
Regular Crew

love to see that clip..I have never used track motion and wonder what its uses are
Fred Helm is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...