Vegas Pro 8 Suite to be unveiled at IBC 2007 - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old August 23rd, 2007, 12:37 PM   #31
Major Player

I got a sweet deal directly through Sony last year for Vegas 7 that I was able to take advantage of. Hopefully they'll have a similiar "promotion"

Jon
Jon McGuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2007, 07:25 PM   #32
Inner Circle

Spot, I've been waiting to hear those words from you "You're gonna love it". I feel a heck of a lot better now. Not kidding.
Old August 24th, 2007, 10:17 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Carney View Post
Spot, I've been waiting to hear those words from you "You're gonna love it". I feel a heck of a lot better now. Not kidding.
:-)

I'm very pleased. Heaven knows I wish I could say more. Even with all the V8 rumors flying, links to websites, etc...
All I can say is "how sweet it is."

More to come on launch day.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 07:48 AM   #34
Major Player

can you at least tell us when "launch day" is?
Old August 25th, 2007, 08:07 AM   #35

IBC is set for September 7-11.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 12:32 PM   #36
Major Player

So does that really equate to the full release date? Them showing it and it being a product available for purchase seems like it could be a lot different.

Maybe DSE could write a little mini review prior to the release and once it does become available, he could post it.

Jon
Old August 25th, 2007, 01:26 PM   #37

Vegas, traditionally, released new versions on the second day of NAB, with downloadable licensing made available simultaneously. I've no reason to beleive that that won't be their MO at IBC.
Old August 25th, 2007, 01:36 PM   #38
Regular Crew

Wasn't Vegas 7 released for purchase on the same day it was unveiled at IBC last year? Honestly can't remember...

And Spot, thanks for the teases about Vegas 8 - I'm very excited, being back in Vegas after my flirtation with FCP...
Mark Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #39

Spot...

awww....you always say that. ;o)
Old August 25th, 2007, 02:53 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon McGuffin View Post
So does that really equate to the full release date? Them showing it and it being a product available for purchase seems like it could be a lot different.

Maybe DSE could write a little mini review prior to the release and once it does become available, he could post it.

Jon
Already written. :-)
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 04:12 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Spot, do you need a "very discreet" proofreader or editor to make sure it is ready for publishing when needed? I'm available. :)
Jim Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 06:37 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Someone over at DVXuser found this...

https://cc.its.maine.edu/~maine/cart...tem_id=4053463

Vegas Pro 8 is the ultimate all-in-one software product for any creative professional. It combines Vegas Pro 8, DVD Architect Pro 4.5, and Dolby Digital AC-3 encoding software into one package that provides speed, power, and maximum productivity. Whether you need powerful digital video editing, unrivaled audio control, or tools for DVD authoring, Vegas Pro 8 is the complete product for professional HD video editing, audio editing and DVD creation.

Now includes: Interactive Tutorials: Show Me How tutorials that provide walk-through demos of common features and functions- all while you re working in your project. ProType Titler: Huge enhancement to our titling capabilities. You can create custom titles, animated texts, unique credit rolls and much, much more. New Mixing Console: You asked - we delivered. The new mixing console utilizes a traditional mixing board set up to allow users to visually see all audio signals in a particular project. Multi-Cam Workflow: Film your productions with multiple cameras and edit them quickly and easily as you watch each shot during the editing process up to 32 different video sources.
Jon Anderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2007, 09:44 PM   #43
Major Player

Well, those enhancements do look great. I'm also hoping there will be another 10-15% timeline performance increase while working with HD (specifically HDV raw .m2t). Multicam being built in is great, but kinda hurts Vasst who's offered a really good solution to that.

The price looks about right assuming they are selling the "full" version of the software. I'm hoping Sony makes version 8 available for the mid $200 on a promotional upgrade type of release like they did last year.

Jon
Old August 26th, 2007, 02:23 PM   #44
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Anderson View Post
Someone over at DVXuser found this..
Now includes: Interactive Tutorials: Show Me How tutorials that provide walk-through demos of common features and functions- all while you re working in your project. ProType Titler: Huge enhancement to our titling capabilities. You can create custom titles, animated texts, unique credit rolls and much, much more. New Mixing Console: You asked - we delivered. The new mixing console utilizes a traditional mixing board set up to allow users to visually see all audio signals in a particular project. Multi-Cam Workflow: Film your productions with multiple cameras and edit them quickly and easily as you watch each shot during the editing process up to 32 different video sources.
Even if just the ProType Titler and the Multi-Camera part are true, we'll be ordering seven upgrades the week it comes out.

Professionally, I work at what is probably considered the lower end of scale. (I produce/shoot/edit local Cable TV shows with at most a three person crew.) But from where I'm sitting, it seems to me that Apple and Sony Creative Software are the most aware of what tools us working-class video makers really need and want.

Last edited by Theodore McNeil; August 26th, 2007 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling
Theodore McNeil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 04:09 PM   #45
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore McNeil View Post
Even if just the ProType Titler and the Multi-Camera part are true, we'll be ordering seven upgrades the week it comes out.
Same here, although Ultimate S has solved my multicamera problems nicely. In the same vein, I've been considering getting AE just for the titling capabilities alone (okay, and maybe some 3d photo montage work, too)... but maybe now I won't need to.
Jon Anderson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...