DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas Pro 8 Suite to be unveiled at IBC 2007 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/101179-vegas-pro-8-suite-unveiled-ibc-2007-a.html)

John McManimie August 12th, 2007 03:00 PM

Vegas Pro 8 Suite to be unveiled at IBC 2007

Vegas Pro 8 video and audio production suite to be unveiled at IBC 2007:
(http://www.sonybiz.net/biz/view/Show...=1184310547102)

-XDCAM HD workflow
-comprehensive HDV support
-import and edit support for AVCHD format
-many new features to increase productivity and enhance output quality
-DVD Architect 4.5
-Cinescore software
-Sound Forge 9 audio production suite with new multi-channel recording and editing capabilities

Craig Irving August 12th, 2007 06:02 PM

I hope the new DVD Architect will have support for Blu-Ray. Has it been confirmed yet whether or not it will?

Simon Denny August 13th, 2007 02:37 AM

I cant wait to see what changes they have put in the new version.
I love this software and to me it can only get better.
I dont care if this is not industry standard it bloody well works and if you have a creative mind it is endless and doesn't cost an Arm & Leg.

Just my two bobs worth.....

Emre Safak August 13th, 2007 05:52 AM

I just want to know what the "many new features to increase productivity and enhance output quality" are. Maybe they are freehand envelope drawing on the timeline, new effects and transitions, and new compositing masks as in Vegas Studio 8.0?

Richard Zlamany August 13th, 2007 09:48 AM

I hope DVDa gets a better titler. The titler in DVDa is horrible. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but there is no stroke, leading, or kerning in DVDa.

Peter J Alessandria August 13th, 2007 10:13 AM

Any idea how much it will cost?

Steven Davis August 13th, 2007 11:22 AM

I bet that Sony will try and bill this as the pc equivilant to FCP and put the price tag around 1200.00. But that's just my guess. I notice the video guys are selling the 'older suite' around 900, so I imagine that sony will want to stay at least a 1/4 above.

This makes me glad I didn't jump to 7.

Richard Alvarez August 13th, 2007 11:49 AM

ANy bets on whether or not it will offer an 'industry standard interface' option? My money says it will, just like XPRI had.

Douglas Spotted Eagle August 13th, 2007 11:55 AM

The old adage, those who say...don't know.
Those who know...don't say.

:-)

Steven Davis August 13th, 2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douglas Spotted Eagle (Post 728235)
The old adage, those who say...don't know.
Those who know...don't say.

:-)

Which means you probably know DSE, and even if we locked you in a room and showed you Shirley Temple episodes day and night, only feeding you unbuttered popcorn for 7 days, you probably couldn't still tell.

I just hope that Sony does some pretty significant user upgrades for us Vegas believers.

Douglas Spotted Eagle August 13th, 2007 12:30 PM

I LOVE Shirley Temple.
yes, I know what's coming up, and so it's always fun around release time to read all the speculation, impending doom, price hikes, dropped features, missing features, etc. This forum (Gotta love it) is filled with either pro's, or at least intelligent people who aren't screaming incessantly in every direction. In fact, I'll go so far as to say this is [by far the most stable Vegas community on the web.
You're gonna love it, baby."

Laurence Kingston August 13th, 2007 01:30 PM

I wanna be a beta-tester too! Please, please, waah, I promise that when I'm let into the secret world, I won't tell anybody what I know, even if tortured... Please!

Bill Ravens August 13th, 2007 01:35 PM

threaten him with I Love Lucy episodes. Infinately more intimidating that Shirley Temple.

Jon McGuffin August 13th, 2007 04:27 PM

Maybe I'm clueless but.......... When is IBC 2007??

Jon

Jon McGuffin August 13th, 2007 04:30 PM

Okay, after really having to search a lot harder than I would have imagined, I see it's in early September. I'm not entirely optimistic that just because Sony is "showing" Vegas 8 that they'll in fact be releasing Vegas 8 Studio. But we shall see...

Jon