DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   VAAST Radiance? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/101864-vaast-radiance.html)

Fred Helm August 22nd, 2007 01:50 PM

VAAST Radiance?

I bought and installed radiance while I was on Vegas 6. love it. When I upgraded to 7 I can no longer use radiance. Can someone explain how to get radiance into V7?

Douglas Spotted Eagle August 22nd, 2007 02:07 PM

you merely need to upgrade your Radiance keycode for Vegas 7.
www.velvetmatter.com

Fred Helm August 23rd, 2007 08:28 AM

is that a self explanitory section on VAAST website? Ive been sending emails for instructions

Douglas Spotted Eagle August 23rd, 2007 09:05 AM

After having just searched every public email address at VASST going back for one year, I find no emails from you regarding Radiance (or any other plug by a person last named "Helm").
Radiance is supported by Velvet Matter, developer of the Radiance plugin, www.velvetmatter.com. Upgrades/updates to the plugin may be found there.
Have you downloaded the Vegas 7 version of Radiance, found on the VASST website?

Fred Helm August 23rd, 2007 09:40 PM

I believe the account would be under BBR Raceday...but neither here or there...just want to know if I can use the plugin in V7. I will try velvetmatter

Fred Helm August 24th, 2007 08:43 AM

got it thanks dse

Jon Anderson August 24th, 2007 11:39 AM

After seeing this thread I downloaded the Radiance trial version and was very impressed. Some very nice stuff in there. Does anyone know if there are any tutorials or even basic instructions? They have a set of example files you can download and play with, but nothing on how each was made.

I've emailed the company, but no response yet...

I'm also a little confused on the examples themselves...they're supposed to be .veg files, but when I click on the FX, it says there's nothing selected.

Douglas Spotted Eagle August 24th, 2007 12:05 PM

Jon,
To whom did you send your email? VelvetMatter or VASST?
If you downloaded the trial, and are very impressed, I'm not sure what the question is?
The examples are not veg files, they are streaming media. What "FX" are you clicking on? There are no "FX" in the streaming examples on which you can click.

Like any other plug in Vegas....
Click the FX icon on an event, track header, or project window (or in the Project Media tab).
Choose which Radiance plug you wish to use.
Close the FX Chooser dialog.
The Radiance (or any other plug in dialog) opens.
Adjust the parameters of the dialog to suit your taste/needs.
Close the dialog.
Preview the effect.
Click the now-green FX button on the event, track header, Preview Window, or Project Media, and the dialog will re-open so you can further tweak the parameters.
Close the dialog.
Preview the effect.
Repeat until you're pleased with the settings.
You can also put Vegas into Loop mode, tweak the parameters of Radiance (or any other plugin) in real time while the playhead loops.

Jon Anderson August 24th, 2007 12:38 PM

Spot,

Thanks for the quick response. Email was sent to Velvet. If you go to their website and go to the "Download" section, in addition to the Vegas 6 and Vegas 7 versions, there is the following link called "Sample Vegas Projects" available for download...

http://www.velvetmatter.com/download...e_projects.zip

Inside that are six folders...and each of those has several veg files with associated media. One of the folders, for example, is "Rays" and inside Rays are examples of what they call "flare", "window", "reveal", "rays" and "window." These are what were used to build the examples that you're referring to on the website.

If you put these veg files on the timeline, best I can tell all of them will give a "no effect in chain" on the FX chooser... hence no way to see how that particular effect was built/tweaked as you describe.

As you point out, much of these are pretty self explanatory. You pick the effect in the chooser and play around with the adjustments. But others are not so clear. For example, I was particularly interested in the "flare" effect with text. But I see nothing in the rays effect -- which flare is presumably created with -- that suggests how this was built.

Hence, my interest in instructions and/or tutorials.

Fred Helm August 24th, 2007 03:37 PM

just buy it and run with it..it is very simple and powerful...I have never read anything on the fx...probably the nicest light generation fx I have ever seen...