Buttons disappear dvda at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 05:53 PM   #1
Trustee

Buttons disappear dvda

In DVDA, why should my buttons no longer highlight or activate when I set the loop point in 'General' properties?

When I 'undo' the change, the highlight reappears and they are reactivated.
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 06:14 PM   #2
Regular Crew

If you set a loop point and you want to see the buttons prior to the loop, then on each button you need to choose "Yes" under Transformations->Show Before Loop Point. Once this is done, you can see the button and utilize features such as keyframing on the button itself.

If you type "keyframe" into the index of DVDA's online help, you will see an option for "Animating Buttons" that will take you through the steps to keyframe a button, and it will help put these features in proper context.
Shawn Redford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 07:22 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Shawn.

I already had that selected that 'yes' and all I was doing was setting the loop point. All my button media was still there but did not act as a button.

The buttons were active prior to setting the loop point, and after I had undone it (via 'undo'), but not while it was set.

Without it set I don't get any audio background media when I cut my dvd, but with it set I don't get any live buttons!!!
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...