DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Is there a BroadCast Safe in Vegas 7 or 8? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/103019-there-broadcast-safe-vegas-7-8-a.html)

David Delaney September 6th, 2007 05:22 PM

Is there a BroadCast Safe in Vegas 7 or 8?

I saw a tutorial for FCP and was amazed at the simple BroadCast Safe check they had. It showed a GREEN check mark if it was safe. I wish Vegas would have something like that...

Perrone Ford September 6th, 2007 10:30 PM

You mean like the default filter that clamps to broadcast safe? Takes 10 seconds.

Hit the plus button, select filter "Broadcast xxxx", choose the levels, and you're done.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Delaney (Post 740524)
I saw a tutorial for FCP and was amazed at the simple BroadCast Safe check they had. It showed a GREEN check mark if it was safe. I wish Vegas would have something like that...

David Delaney September 7th, 2007 06:40 AM

I am sorry, where is the PLUS sign you are talking about? I found the Broadcast colours, but how do I know that they are safe? Nothing seems to change when I move the sliders...

Theodore McNeil September 7th, 2007 08:32 AM

FCP has a Zebra feature like the one you'd find in most cameras. He is wondering if Vegas has something similiar. I haven't seen it in Vegas but I'm not sure.

But I have to say I turn this feature off when I'm editing in FCP.

Perrone Ford September 7th, 2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Delaney (Post 740787)
I am sorry, where is the PLUS sign you are talking about? I found the Broadcast colours, but how do I know that they are safe? Nothing seems to change when I move the sliders...

The plus button on any clip of video in your timeline.

If you notice, at the top of the filter you have several presets. You need only choose the one you want and it will clamp. Put a clip of something on the timeline with illegal colors and watch it with the histogram or waveform monitor. Then apply the broadcast colors. See the difference?

Konrad Haskins September 7th, 2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Delaney (Post 740787)

Not sign "button" HTH

Perrone Ford September 7th, 2007 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theodore McNeil (Post 740819)
FCP has a Zebra feature like the one you'd find in most cameras. He is wondering if Vegas has something similiar. I haven't seen it in Vegas but I'm not sure.

But I have to say I turn this feature off when I'm editing in FCP.

Ahhhh....

I've never seen anything like that in Vegas. Not sure what I'd use it for. And the broadcast clamp ensures I won't exceed values.