Is there a BroadCast Safe in Vegas 7 or 8? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 6th, 2007, 05:22 PM   #1
Trustee

Is there a BroadCast Safe in Vegas 7 or 8?

I saw a tutorial for FCP and was amazed at the simple BroadCast Safe check they had. It showed a GREEN check mark if it was safe. I wish Vegas would have something like that...
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2007, 10:30 PM   #2
Inner Circle

You mean like the default filter that clamps to broadcast safe? Takes 10 seconds.

Hit the plus button, select filter "Broadcast xxxx", choose the levels, and you're done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Delaney View Post
I saw a tutorial for FCP and was amazed at the simple BroadCast Safe check they had. It showed a GREEN check mark if it was safe. I wish Vegas would have something like that...
Perrone Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 06:40 AM   #3
Trustee

I am sorry, where is the PLUS sign you are talking about? I found the Broadcast colours, but how do I know that they are safe? Nothing seems to change when I move the sliders...
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 08:32 AM   #4
Major Player

FCP has a Zebra feature like the one you'd find in most cameras. He is wondering if Vegas has something similiar. I haven't seen it in Vegas but I'm not sure.

But I have to say I turn this feature off when I'm editing in FCP.
Old September 7th, 2007, 08:36 AM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
I am sorry, where is the PLUS sign you are talking about? I found the Broadcast colours, but how do I know that they are safe? Nothing seems to change when I move the sliders...
The plus button on any clip of video in your timeline.

If you notice, at the top of the filter you have several presets. You need only choose the one you want and it will clamp. Put a clip of something on the timeline with illegal colors and watch it with the histogram or waveform monitor. Then apply the broadcast colors. See the difference?
Perrone Ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 09:47 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Not sign "button" HTH
Konrad Haskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 11:40 AM   #7
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theodore McNeil View Post
FCP has a Zebra feature like the one you'd find in most cameras. He is wondering if Vegas has something similiar. I haven't seen it in Vegas but I'm not sure.

But I have to say I turn this feature off when I'm editing in FCP.
Ahhhh....

I've never seen anything like that in Vegas. Not sure what I'd use it for. And the broadcast clamp ensures I won't exceed values.
Perrone Ford is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...