Vegas 8 ready for download:) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 10th, 2007, 04:43 AM   #1
Major Player

Vegas 8 ready for download:)

Vegas 8 Pro released and wait brave souls;)
Serge Victorovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:30 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Very well. Purchased, downloaded and installed, changed a few preferences and window layouts and it's working over here like it should. The new mixing console looks allright, still need to try out the new ProType titler.

Kind regards,
Erwin
Erwin Keizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 07:39 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I'm waiting to see if there is the usual discounted upgrade offer, seeing that I'm a self confessed bargain hunter ;)
Konrad Haskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #5
Trustee

Yes there is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konrad Haskins View Post
I'm waiting to see if there is the usual discounted upgrade offer, seeing that I'm a self confessed bargain hunter ;)
I jsut got the Sony Creative Software E-Mail:

Upgrade from an previous Pro version is $149.95 and bundled with Cinescore (and two theme packs Vistas & Adrenaline) is $299.90
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 05:53 PM   #6
Major Player

Sony 8

I purchased and downloaded Sony 8.

I was not happy that I needed to also download a few Microsoft files (which took a lot of time, and was real sloooooow).

The Pro Type Titler looks like it has a steep learning curve. Warning: The pdf Vegas 8 manual File does not cover the new Pro Type Titler. Directions for it's use, is somewhere, on some Sony Help Site, that I haven't found yet.

Except for the Pro Titler (which is hidden in the Media Generator) everything looks the same. Vegas 8 recognized all of my Vegas 6&7 files, and media.

I'm looking for improved scene detection capture, and better render times before I will pass judgement on the upgrade.

Anyway, nothing looks broke, or started to smoke...
David Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 08:03 PM   #7
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rice
The Pro Type Titler looks like it has a steep learning curve. Warning: The pdf Vegas 8 manual File does not cover the new Pro Type Titler. Directions for it's use, is somewhere, on some Sony Help Site, that I haven't found yet.

You open Vegas and press F1. That opens the "help file" which talks about the new titler.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...