DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Do all existing 3rd party plugins work with Vegas 8? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/103224-do-all-existing-3rd-party-plugins-work-vegas-8-a.html)

Ian Stark September 10th, 2007 10:48 AM

Do all existing 3rd party plugins work with Vegas 8?

Question's in the title!

Put another way, when I upgraded a client's version of After Effects last year, several plugins didn't work until updates were released. Just wondering if there may be any surprises in store with Vegas 3rd party plugins.

I now run v8 (and 7, for the time being) and tomorrow I want to convince my favourite client to do the same, so we're running the same level. They pretty much buy every new Vegas plug as soon as it becomes available - I just want to be comfortable with recommending they upgrade.

Any v8 upgraders had any issues with third party plugs today?

Ian . . .

Edward Troxel September 10th, 2007 11:22 AM

Some may work, others will require updates. I know an updated version of Excalibur, VASST tools, and the Veggie Toolkit are all available for download right now for use in Vegas Pro 8.

Mark Holmes September 10th, 2007 12:05 PM

Yes, I'm especially interested in whether DVFilms Raylight is supported. Anyone have experience with Raylight and V8?

Mike Kujbida September 10th, 2007 12:11 PM

One user on the Sony Vegas forum has already said Raylight doesn't work for him after the upgrade.
Apparently it has something to do with Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0.

Ian Stark September 10th, 2007 02:26 PM

I've also now seen a post from DSE suggesting the same thing with Velvet Matter's Radiance and some of the NewBlueFX products (I have tested the excellent Art Effects collection - all worked fine - but can't speak for the Motion Effects collection, which I don't have).

Erwin Keizer September 10th, 2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Stark (Post 742118)
I've also now seen a post from DSE suggesting the same thing with Velvet Matter's Radiance and some of the NewBlueFX products (I have tested the excellent Art Effects collection - all worked fine - but can't speak for the Motion Effects collection, which I don't have).

The NewBlue Motion Effects work fine, it only starts as a trial and asks for the licence key (serial) to be retyped.

The Radiance plugin which I bought some time ago from VASST doesn't work anymore.

Kind regards,
Erwin

Edward Troxel September 10th, 2007 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Holmes
Yes, I'm especially interested in whether DVFilms Raylight is supported. Anyone have experience with Raylight and V8?

Here's the official answer from Sony concerning Raylight:

Quote:

The problem is that we've changed the registry hive for Vegas Pro 8.0 due to our company name change to Sony Creative Software. The Raylight MXF plug-in needs to self-register in this new location for Vegas to see it.

You can workaround this problem by doing the following. Make sure you are running in an account with Administrator permission to run regedit. The usual disclaimer applies, you should do this only if you are comfortable using regedit and are careful to follow the exact steps below.

Do this after you've installed the Raylight MXF plug-in (otherwise the registry key won't exist):

1. Run regedit
2. Navigate to this folder: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sony Media Software\File Formats 2\{BE00A7E1-A0F6-11D4-B26A-00A0D2181960}
3. Right click on the folder, select Export, save to a file named RaylightFix.reg
4. Open this file in Notepad. Change the text in the third line to read Sony Creative Software instead of Sony Media Software (just change the word Media to Creative).
5. Save the changes.
6. Double click on RaylightFix.reg in the Windows Explorer. Answer Yes when you are warned about changing the registry and are asked to continue.
7. Run Vegas and it should now be able to open MXF files that require the Raylight plug-in.