Justification is missing in pro Type? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 10th, 2007, 02:29 PM   #1
Major Player

Justification is missing in pro Type?

The Sony Website is so sluggish today that I gave up on searching for the answer on line.

I might be looking in the wrong places, but it seems to me that there is no simple way to adjust the justification of an entire block of text to left, center, or right -- am I correct?

I have figured out how to do it line by line, manually, which is not a very practical way of doing this so it's hard for me to think that this is not automated. Does anybody have the answer?
Old September 10th, 2007, 02:56 PM   #2
Regular Crew

You might try this:

Write a few lines of text (use [enter] for a line break).
Then select the text.
The Tab "Text" has a paramater called line alignment, which can be set to center, far or near.

Kind regards,
Erwin
Erwin Keizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:09 PM   #3
Inner Circle

How bizarre to call it 'near' and 'far'!?!

I admit I have only given the matter 90 seconds of thought but I can't work out any reason not to use 'left' and 'right', unless it is to do with when text is being displayed backwards or upside down etc.

Extraordinary.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:17 PM   #4
Major Player

Near and far mean left and right (weird, I agree) and center means just what we know as center from Word etc. Maybe it should be called Here.

So what I'm asking for is what Word calls Justify -- an even block, justified both right and left. Any ideas?

I tried simply pasting a justified block from Word into Titler but once pasted, the justification of words gets some letters screwed up.
Old September 10th, 2007, 03:35 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Fierlinger View Post
Maybe it should be called Here.
Hehehe . . .

Looks like you may be out of luck with the fully justified requirement, I'm afraid (it doesn't exist in the old text generator either).

Also, I'm not sure if I like the result of resizing a text box by dragging a corner - rather than shifting the text around as it does in, say, Photoshop, it changes the size of the font to fit the box size. Hmm . . . I'm undecided about that. Can't choose whether that's good or bad - wasn't what I was expecting.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 07:04 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Stark View Post
How bizarre to call it 'near' and 'far'!?!

I admit I have only given the matter 90 seconds of thought but I can't work out any reason not to use 'left' and 'right', unless it is to do with when text is being displayed backwards or upside down etc.
That's my thought on it.

Maybe for languages that go right-to-left?
Daniel J. Wojcik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...