No Recompression Required Message at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 12th, 2007, 01:53 AM   #1
Inner Circle

No Recompression Required Message

So I have 3 minute project I brought into my trial version of Vegas 8. All clips are Cineform HDV intermediate AVI files. I did some titling work in the new titler, did some color correction on a few of the clips, then prompted it Vegas to render to a new Cineform intermediate clip. As I was watching render progress, I noted the a message like "No Recompression Required". So never saw this in 7, and it seemed to save a lot of time in avoiding rerendering those clips I did nothing with. Sounds like a time saver- especially in those final assembly situations...
Old September 12th, 2007, 07:28 AM   #2
Major Player

Chris does it give that message if you trim the clips ?
Old September 12th, 2007, 09:41 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Yes. But it may be different for native .m2t editing. These were .avi files. And I did not pay close attention as to which of several clips I was getting message on. Some of the clips had additional color correction in them, and I know they were recompressed, and the message just came up as Vegas began to look at one of the clips I had done nothing with and repeated with others in the same situation as the render progressed.
Old September 12th, 2007, 01:27 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Okay, I tried an m2t file I captured from my HV20, and put it on time line. I then clipped of a portion, and asked for a new render to the exact format the original m2t was, and, the same message came up. No Recompression required !

So to me, it seems we should be able to edit in .m2t level, color correcting a particular clip, then rendering it for a final assembly, and then not losing anything in assembling the scenes in a new time line !

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...