Problem viewing Vegas rendered file at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 13th, 2007, 07:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem viewing Vegas rendered file

I am experimenting with Vegas, so I apologize if I have overlooked something very simple.

While working on my latest project, I edited a small trial piece and attempted to render it as an .avi file. It renders fine, and when I click on the file you can see the first frame on the side of the window, but when I try to play it (and I've tried several players) it tells me I don't have the right codec.

Below are the settings:

File type: .avi
Audio: 48,000 Hz, 16 Bit, Stereo, PCM Uncompressed.
Video: 23.976 fps, 1440x1080, Progressive.
Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.333, using CineForm HDV codec. OpenDML compatible.

Also, although the file is only a little over a minute long, it is 718 MB. Is this normal?

Thanks
Jeff Yin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:28 AM   #2

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=103220
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 02:03 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, but I don't have Cineform installed. Unless, that is, it comes with the Vegas 8 trial software, but since people talk about having Vegas but not having installed Cineform, I'm not sure if they are packaged together.
Jeff Yin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2007, 02:25 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Vegas has a default Cineform codec, a lower grade than is available in their Products. If you go to the Cineform site, you can download the Cineform player which provides playback capability for Cineform. It is called Neoplayer.
Old September 13th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for the responses guys. I have now downloaded the cineform player and I've deleted the .dll file mentioned in the other thread and the file can play.

However, now when I start Vegas I get an error message during the load up. It doesn't crash the program or anything though. Is this a problem?
Jeff Yin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...