disappearing Pan/Crop V7e at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 19th, 2007, 02:48 PM   #1
Major Player

disappearing Pan/Crop V7e

Working on a new NTSC Widescreen project with both SD 4:3 and HDV on the timeline.

When I click on any Event Pan/Crop icon, it goes shooting across the screen to the XP icon, the Vegas header greys out, and nothing else happens, ie the Pan/Crop control panel never appears.

Clicking the Event FX icon brings up the control panel no problem, same with Track Motion.

I do have V8 installed, and would be using it, but it won't preview reliably, i.e. hitting "L" or the spacebar shifts the Rate indicator over to 1.00 but nothing happens, so I switched back to V7.

Any ideas?
Old September 19th, 2007, 03:18 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

You've managed to move it "off the screen". Change your screen resolution, open it up, find it, move it back to the main area, and then reset your screen resolution.

Worst case, hold down CTRL-SHIFT when starting Vegas which will reset it back to "factory defaults" - including all the settings you wanted changed.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 03:53 PM   #3
Major Player

Thanks for the quick reply.

I reset the monitor from 1600x1200 to 2048x1536, and the secondary monitor from 800x600 to 1320x768, but could not find the panel.

I closed and re-opened V7 while holding CTRL+SHIFT down. I reset everything to Default (boo).

Still the Pan/Crop icon goes flying over to the XP icon and the panel never appears.

other options?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...