Playback after rendering problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old September 28th, 2007, 09:00 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Playback after rendering problem

Can anyone tell me why it is that whatever format I render my project in, be it mpeg or .wmv, whenever I play back the file (using WMP 11) the progress bar does not represent what is on screen. By that, I mean that the bar takes only 15-20 seconds to reach the end, but there is still 5-10 minutes left in the video and I cannot FF to parts beyond 15-20 seconds...I hope I explained this clearly...any help would be appreciated.
Old September 29th, 2007, 01:57 AM   #2
Inner Circle

If this is playing back from hard drive, no idea why the progress bar is behaving this way.

If this is playing back from a server, the progress bar may be indicating the amount of (progressive) download that has taken place.

This is assuming you're talking about a bar, not the pointer.

As to fast forwarding with wmv, see if you get different results by going into the custom render settings and check mark "index file" on the mysteriously labeled "index/summary" tab.

Again, you can expect different results from server or local playback.
Seth Bloombaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I am playing back from my hard drive. I tried rendering after checking the "index" item you mentioned and it still does the same thing... I am stumped

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...