Updates to Vegas Pro and DVD Architect Pro released at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 17th, 2007, 07:54 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Updates to Vegas Pro and DVD Architect Pro released

For those of you who haven't heard the news.
Several bug fixes for each product.

Vegas Pro 8.0a Update

DVD Architect Pro 4.5a Update
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #2
Major Player

I was hoping for Pro Titler fix, but no dice. now it works worse, not responsive at all. I'm don't get the crash issue on my current computer at all. plenty of power, or something, but, my laptop was tired from V8 altogether, too many problems, I am totally unhappy with the current Pro Titler, its worthless
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #3
Trustee

the pro titler is quite powerful but its slow on my old P4 3GHz as well.. do u have the same slow issues?
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 10:21 PM   #4
Major Player

No, after update, its unresponsive, slow, still flashes like crazy, worse than before and before was unusable. Maybe I'll open another Sony ticket and wait a month for no reply
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 11:41 PM   #5
Regular Crew

No crashing here. May be machine specific?
Jonathan Gentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 01:34 AM   #6
Major Player

No problems with titler here either. Usually if no one else is experiencing a perceivable problem I have with the software I start searching for a fault within my computer.
Old October 21st, 2007, 04:09 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Seah View Post
the pro titler is quite powerful but its slow on my old P4 3GHz as well.. do u have the same slow issues?
I have a P4 3gHz and the titler is slow for me as well. I have had a couple of crashes and not sure why but that was the first couple of days I started using it. Nothing since then.
Harold Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2007, 08:54 PM   #8
Major Player

First Nasty!

Well I was thinking that I may be one of the immune ones to Vegas 8, to be fair I haven't used the 8.0a version yet. But I lost 5 hours work when it corrupted my veg. file.

Not happy :-(

back to 7 until the next patch for me I think unless anyone can verify they had the same kind of problem as me and that the patch fixed it.
Adam Letch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 07:28 AM   #9
Sponsor: JET DV

That's one of the reasons I wrote the Auto Save custom command that runs in Vegas 8. It will autosave your project every "x" minutes and append a date/time to the file. Then you can go back to any version along the way (including the "last one that works" which would almost certainly be newer than 5 hours ago).

To be fair, people have managed to get corrupted VEG files in the previous versions as well so there's nothing to stop you from getting one in Vegas 7. However, it's not always Vegas' fault the files become corrupted. It could be a system issue, hard drive fault, bad source file somewhere, etc... that can cause issues upon loading. Plus, you mentioned not trying the "a" version - if you don't at least try it, you won't know if it solves your problem either.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 09:29 PM   #10
Major Player

So Edward, and others,
Over all are people pretty happy with Vegas 8? I can't imagine not upgrading as I am really committed to Vegas, and have always had excellent luck. I had a crash - 1 crash - going back to Vegas 4, so I'm not too freaked about that. This titling thing - people seem very upset about it - is anybody happy with it? and is it one of those things that you might want after effects to do? I've heard that it now supports lots more fonts, effects etc.

So what's the skinny from folks who have been using it alot?

Thanks,
Milt
Old October 22nd, 2007, 11:56 PM   #11
Major Player

I Second that Question !

I recently finished a long problem project with V6. I've had V7 sitting here in the box for almost a year. Other then the Titler, are there any other really major improvements to justify yhe upgrade to V8?? Or should I use V7 and wait for V9 next year? I'm a bit disappointed with the Blu Ray support in V8. As I understand it, you can only burn Blu Ray from the V8 timeline - no DVD like menu's - Just the ability to import chapter markers from the timeline.

So what is the overall verdict on V-8 ?

Thanks - PK
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 02:51 AM   #12
Inner Circle

This response just relates to the Titler, not v8 overall (in which regard I am perfectly happy).

I think that some people, me included, are just disappointed in the Titler. I guess that's about as far as 'upset' goes - just disappointed.

Yes, it's an improvement over previous facilities, but it's not as groundbreaking as I believed/hoped it would be. To me it looks like some piece of shareware that's been bolted on to Vegas (it has a quite different look and feel to the rest of Vegas).

If titles that arrive on the screen like a rollercoaster, float off into the heavens, or bounce like a ball are your thing, then you'll like ProType Titler. It's not for me though, and the simple text that I like in my projects, I can easily achieve with the original text generator, rather than firing up PTT and risking a crash (see below).

It has some redeeming features (one click text gradients being my favourite) but not enough to live up to the Pro part of it's name.

Please note that this is a personal judgment - PTT will find many fans and, as I said before, it is an improvement over what has been available in previous versions of Vegas.

I should add that I have had some technical problems (flashing and crashing) as mentioned in other threads, but I think this is down to a conflict between my system (probably the graphics card) and the Titler, rather than necessarily being a fault with the Titler itself.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 05:13 AM   #13
Trustee

somehow the PTT remains me of Adobe After Effects.. the interface seems a little similar...
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:16 AM   #14
Sponsor: JET DV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt Lee View Post
So Edward, and others,
Over all are people pretty happy with Vegas 8?
Over all... I think that answer is yes. ANY software this complicated will have some issues given the huge hardware disparity among all of us but it seems to be doing a great job for most people.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...