Grouping question in Vegas 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 18th, 2007, 08:03 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Grouping question in Vegas 7

I have a bunch of clips (around 100-150, both video and audio) in a project. Somehow, there is a gap of about 7 minutes around the halfway mark in the project with noting in it.

My problem is that as mentioned, there are about 150 clips that make up this project, and in order for me to move the clips to the right of the gap leftwards to close this 7 minute gap, I have to hold down CTRL and click about 75 clips, which is way too time consuming, and I end up missing a few clips anyway. I have not been able to figure out how to highlight all the clips to the right of the gap in order to group them together and drag them left towards the gap.

I hope I explained this well enough for you.

PS: what does a pink color on certain clips mean in the timeline?
Old October 18th, 2007, 08:11 PM   #2
Regular Crew

If I have understood you correctly, you should be able to click on the first event you wish to move, then right click and click "select events to end". That will highlight all of them. Then just drag the whole selection.

You could also double click on the space, right click and insert an empty media event, then select auto ripple, then delete the empty media event. More trouble, but it also should work.
Curt Talbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 08:17 PM   #3
Inner Circle

double click in the empty space - the timeline should highline only in that area. Control X (deletes space) either Control F or F by itself depending on how you have the ripple set (if at all) and you should be all set.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2007, 09:21 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Worked great...thanks. Any idea what the pink clips means?
Old October 18th, 2007, 09:30 PM   #5

pink clips signify the video is out of sync with the audio
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 06:00 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Which could be anything from 1 frame to not being there at all. When I move a section of dancing but leave the music the same I get pink frame so it may not be of importance but it is a signal that something is out of whack.

Don
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 07:44 AM   #7
Regular Crew

That's exactly what it was Don, dancing out of sync with the tunes...thanks guys

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...