Where do you get Vegas 6 cheap? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old October 21st, 2007, 07:06 PM   #16
Major Player

Thanks Ian, If the business doesn't work out, I will be ok with that to. I just enjoy creating anything video, it is a habit for me. When I get out of school in forever, I will make a lot of money then. I would have loved to go to film school or something of that nature, but there is nothing here for me like that and my daughter lives here (mother has custody) and I couldn't bring myself to leave the area. So I chose anesthesiology. But I have FOREVER left in school. About 5 years? Oh, I tried to get my buddy to let me buy his to upgrade, but he says he wants to upgrade it eventually and if he was to sell it to me, he would want more than what I paid for the Vegas 6. But he says "you can use it long as you want", Therefore, me not want to use his anymore. But I thanked him for letting me wear it out for him. hee hee. I am excited about getting the Vegas 8. I guess I like Vegas so well because I used to record a lot of audio with N-track studio, and Vegas was so similar to that format I just picked it right up. Later! J
John L. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2007, 07:07 PM   #17
Major Player

Allen, I paid the 99.00 with shipping, 103.00 It is a deal when you consider 149.00 upgrade. So you have 250.00 in Vegas 8. You can't beat that even with Academic discounts.
John L. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 07:41 AM   #18
Regular Crew

john, next time just ask for anybody wanting to sell thier old vegas 6 with serrial number. then do with it what you want too. i think most of the negative comments are coming from people who feel you are trying to "sneak in the back door" in obtaining you upgrade. good luck in your search, i'm still on the trail version of vegas 8. glad i did the trail first, it's way to advanced for me. i can not even burn my video to dvd. lol
Gerald Hocutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:02 AM   #19
Inner Circle

Gerald, er, he already did that! John has his Vegas and we're all friends again.

Anyway, on to more relevant things: you'll find this forum is a great place to learn stuff about Vegas at all levels, from some very, very knowledgeable people. Once the absolute basics have clicked in your mind you will see that even though Vegas has loads of advanced features, it is probably the easiest of the major packages to get your head around. You'll be producing great videos very quickly. Check out some of the online tutorials (VASST, loads more) and also Edward Troxel's excellent newsletters (look in any of about 95% of the threads in this forum - you'll find a link via one of Edward's great bits of advice).

Enjoy!
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:13 AM   #20
Regular Crew

thanks ian, i am looking. it's just discouraging when you cain't even burn a dvd with the software.

i have burned some before but not since i did the upgrade to vegas 8 and artitec 4.5. now i get an error message. maybe one of those training books will help clear it up. i'm looking at doing the vegas 6 then upgrade it to the vegas 8 like john did. sounds like a good deal. by the way, i'm doing just about everything wrong with my computer, storing the video on my os drive (only one i have), different size ram (1gb/ 512 gb) so the error might be system related and have nothing to do with vegas' upgrade
Gerald Hocutt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...