Problem Rendering in AC-3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 5th, 2007, 01:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem Rendering in AC-3

For the last two years I've been using Vegas 6, rendering, and burning DVDs with success. Recently, when I go to render in Vegas or other Sony programs, as an AC-3 file, it won't allow me.

When I go to render as an ac-3, it states that the plugin "wasn't unlocked" but it doesn't give me anywhere to enter the activation code. Huh? Wasn't unlocked?

I'm considering re-installing Vegas 6 but am uneasy about losing project files/loops/etc--even though I have them backed-up. I must have installed something recently that has affected my Sony AC-3 plugin. Any ideas?
Dale Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Uninstall?

I had similar problems with another NLE recently. I bit the bullet and did a complete uninstall and reinstall (as like you I had everything backed up.)

It cured 90% of my problems immediately so my advice is do it!

As for the 10% remaining...I decided the software (in my case Ulead 10 Plus) really could not hack the sophisticated HD editing I was trying to do and recently installed Vegas 7. Everything is now working really well and I'm a happy bunny!
Andy Wilkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 02:41 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Dale, I'm assuming you're using DVD Architect for your DVD burns.
If so, that's where you get AC-3 capabilities so, if I was going to re-install anything, that would be the app I'd start with.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...