DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Weird issue (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/107487-weird-issue.html)

Werner Wesp November 8th, 2007 08:49 AM

Weird issue

Listen to this: I have 3 video tracks. On the top one and the middle one there are titles (with the standard text generator). Below that is the video. The two title tracks contain the same text madia, but both have different filter setting to create a specific effect (gaussian blur).

If I render it out it becomes obvious that at random frames Vegas forgot to encode/calculate the effect (the blur has gone on some frames. Sometimes a few in a row, sometimes just one in half a second. and always in other places). If I render the exact same part out a next time, the same happens, but on other frames.

No matter in what codec I render, no matter what effect I use (I tried to use another video filter), no matter what I do.

I have reïnstalled Vegas. No better.
I have reinstalled Cineform NeoHD. No better.
I have tried rendering it out in uncompressed. No better.
I have tried to put the video filter on the track rather then on the clip. No better.

If I reboot, open the project and render out before I do anything else I am sometimes lucky. The time I was lucky, I tried rendereing it in a different codec after that - the same happend again.

Render to new track generates the same.

Building a dynamic RAM preview is flawless for a few seconds, but screw up the also.

Anyone?

Edward Troxel November 8th, 2007 09:02 AM

Version of Vegas? Any other info that might be helpful?

Werner Wesp November 8th, 2007 09:35 AM

Vegas 8 Pro. I've been a user since version 4. Quadcore system with 4 Gb RAM.

32 bit FP won't render at all. Seems like a pointer bug in the code of Vegas: I suspect while filling the assigned RAM, no errors occur. As soon as it is filled random errors occur?

All clips and project in 720p50. m2t and 10 bits Cineform avi files intermixed. Some uncompressed HD as well.

Douglas Spotted Eagle November 9th, 2007 12:24 AM

Have you upgraded to 8a? There were some render problems for MPEG sources in the initial release of 8.

Werner Wesp November 9th, 2007 02:15 AM

Yes, I have. Besides, Problems with MPEG sources don't seem to be the problem: the generated media cause the issues.

Lorinda Norton November 9th, 2007 04:51 AM

Please forgive me, Werner, if I’m being too simplistic, but there’s one thing I didn’t see mentioned: Have you replaced the text media on both tracks and redone your effects?

Werner Wesp November 9th, 2007 06:44 AM

I did. Copied them on other tracks as well. no solution.

Even if I hadn't that should not be a problem, but I did. The weird thing is that I sometimes have the errors, sometimes I haven't (or in other places). It is completely random. My PC is haunted? :-)

I cannot render out 4 resized images crammed into 1 HD frame as well. Everytime I render out Vegas shuts down by itself.

If anyone knows a solution to change this project so I can reopen it in Vegas 7.0 - that would help me a lot.