Powerpoint animation to Vegas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 11th, 2007, 03:31 PM   #1
Trustee

Powerpoint animation to Vegas

I need to bring a powerpoint presentation into Vegas.

I can get all the static slides no trouble through saving the individual slides as jpeg.

However some of the slides have animation and I need to be able to bring this in as opposed them being static slides.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

I've discovered 'Powervideomaker Pro' which will appparently do it but it is a bit pricey for me at this stage.
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2007, 05:26 PM   #2
Major Player

There's an excellent freeware screen capture tool called Wink that creates high quality video files. Though many others exists, Wink can achieve high frame rates that would capture the slide transitions very well.
John Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2007, 10:05 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks John.

I had a look at the wink website and it does not appear to handle Powerpoint animation. The supported formats are still formats.
Old November 12th, 2007, 12:54 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I think you're looking at input or output format, but you just want to capture to the screen output and save it in an avi file containing lossless or xvid compression (or whatever). So try Wink.

I think the way I bought a PPT in last time was to switch to 800x600 in the monitor and set my Video card's 2nd output to mirror the main screen & then used my videocam's AV/in to do an A/DC on it.

Next time I need to do this I'm going to use the freeware screen capture program, CamStudio, http://camstudio.org/
Dan Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007, 05:46 PM   #5
Trustee

CamStudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Bridges View Post
Next time I need to do this I'm going to use the freeware screen capture program, CamStudio, http://camstudio.org/
Another vote for CamStudio. Works very well and can record/transcode (transcoding is done after recording step) to many formats. Vary handy and very free.
Jason Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 02:35 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Just throwing another one into the mix:

Camtasia Studio - now in v5. http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp

I have tried a few screen capture applications over the years and this worked best for me. With some care and experimentation even very large resolution slideshows can be captured smoothly with transitions being faithfully reproduced, including fade in/out, which I found to be one of the most troublesome with other capture apps. I haven't tried v5 but it adds a few nice features (at least nice to read about on their web site).

As with several of these tools, however, I wonder if they're becoming a bit TOO functional!

Of course this one ain't free either, but worth a look I think.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 04:15 AM   #7
Trustee

When you guys are talking about 'screen shots', are you including animations in that? I can get the static slides no issue. It is the animated ones that are the bother to me at the moment.
Old November 13th, 2007, 04:18 AM   #8
Inner Circle

I think we're all talking about a PowerPoint slideshow with animations.
Ian Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2007, 03:04 PM   #9
Trustee

Thanks guys. I've tried CamStudio and it works great. Looks like all I need.
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...