Code Error Lp5? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 16th, 2007, 10:35 AM   #1
Major Player

Code Error Lp5?

Pro 8 has been working for me for about a month. No problems.

However, today when I tried to open the program, I got a Error message LP5?

I use a standalone system, and nothing has changed. Not hooked to the Internet, and no Virus programs. Just Win xp and Pro 8.

After a number of attempts to open Pro 8, it finally opened.

What does LP5 mean?
David Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 03:38 PM   #2
Major Player

Code LP5

Well it's happening again. When I try to start Pro 8a, I get the following Error Message: "Error while unpacking program, code LP5. Please report to auther".

Pro 8a has been working flawlessly for weeks.

This is a real bummer.

Help?
Old November 16th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

Even though this machine is not connected to the net, is the firewall turned on? If you do a search for "Error while unpacking program, code LP5", you will see all kinds of people reporting this issue in all kinds of programs. Here's an example: http://www.breezesys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1871

Here's another potential clue:
However this only occurs when the path to the exe contains unicode characters, (e.g. "C:\Test Folder\service.exe /install" will work but not "C:\Test Folder家都\service.exe /install")..

Where is your Vegas installed? The default folders? Or somewhere else?

Here's another comment related to it:
The two suites that we are currently aware of are Computer Associates (CA) 2007 Internet Security Suite and the AOL Safety and Security Center. If you have either of those software suites or their components, such as CA Anti-Spyware 2007, installed on your computer, you should check their support site to see if they have issued updates that will correct the problem.

Do a search for that error message and try the various things that you find. Let us know if you find it.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2007, 05:26 PM   #4
Major Player

Edward,

Vegas Pro 8a is installed as a default in C: Drive

"All" of my video/capture files, are kept seperate on external drives.

I have no Firewall or Antivirus Programs installed.

My computer is designated for Vegas Pro 8a only. However, I do have Nero 7 installed, which I prefer to use for burning.

Pro 8a has worked flawless for me since the upgrade, untill today.

I don't always get the error message. Sometimes Pro 8a will start/open. When it does, it seems to work fine.

I just finished editing/rendering a project today. But, after I shut the computer down for lunch and returned, the error message returned at start-up. It took me three attempts to start-up Pro 8a without getting the error message and enter the program. Once I was in, it seemed to work fine.

Strange?
Old November 18th, 2007, 09:28 AM   #5
Major Player

I found that I had another version of Vegas on my hard drive. I removed my older Vegas 7d, and my Code Error LP5 has not returned.
David Rice is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...