Capture Issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old November 24th, 2007, 02:26 PM   #1
Major Player

Capture Issues

I've used vegas from version 5 to 8 on various machines and to this day i have always encouteered 2 particular problems when trying to capture footage. The first problem is, if i have a camera or deck connected to vegas and i am using the navigation controls to forward or rewind to specific parts of the tape, eventually the preview window will freeze and no longer display anything except the frame it has frozen on. To correct this i have to shut down the capture window and re-open in and resume. Is this normal?

the second problem, which is my biggest problem is batch capturing. Now i'm about to start shooting my first short film and so capturing specific points on a tape is going to become very important. However, anytime i have set an in point and out point for vegas to capture that is longer than 20 minutes, it will surely freeze before reaching the end of the capture. I have ensured the tapes are 'blacked' properly and tried on different machines and different cameras as the source deck but still the same problem. Anyone else experience this? The weird thing about this problem is, if i set vegas to capture the entire tape there is never really a problem, it will digest it all fine, but as soon as i get specific it will give me hassle.

I cant accept there is a fault in vegas as i seem to be the only one who has this problem so i would really appreciate if someone could point out what im doing wrong.

Info: vegas 8 running on windows xp professional sp2. 2gb ram. internal 30gb hd. siny vtr hdv deck
Daniel Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 03:09 PM   #2
Major Player

I just ran into something similar last night. * wouldn't recognise my camcorder whereas 7 would?
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2007, 04:59 PM   #3
Major Player

See thats just the thing, i've never had any problem with vegas recognizing the camera or deck, its just getting it to capture correctly
Daniel Alexander is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...