AE integration with Vegas? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 22nd, 2007, 09:10 PM   #1
Trustee

AE integration with Vegas?

Have been thinking of using AE with Vegas or switching to Mac FCPS2. any one has done either? The minus of Mac is the huge investment to switch while a PC soln will cost a lot less!
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2007, 11:43 PM   #2
Inner Circle

I find AE to work well with Vegas. AE has better Mac compatibility, which lets you take in uncompressed mov files and export them as Vegas-friendly AVIs.

In my way of working, I use Vegas like an audio (and video) multitrack system, and I use AE like an editor - similar to Sound Forge in the audio domain.

One thing for sure: AE is a whole lot deeper than my knowledge of how to use it. I need to spend more time studying it to get the most out of it. It's more of a power user's tool than a simple windows app. And that's a good thing.

Don't be put off. Getting off the ground takes some, but not much study. But you'll tun out of gas before it does.

I've been using it to do conversions to batches of clips, and it's been flawless.

It doesn't really integrate with Vegas, so much as compliment it.
Old December 23rd, 2007, 06:52 AM   #3
Trustee

Thks 4 the speedy reply! I work with m2t all the time, is it workable natively in AE on a PC? I like MAC motion which has the ability to do particles. I do not think AE can do that, can it?
Sean Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2007, 11:19 AM   #4
Adobe Systems

After Effects can handle m2t and has particle system effects.

> I work with m2t all the time, is it workable natively in AE on a PC?

Yes, After Effects can import m2t. Here's a link to "Supported import formats" section of After Effects Help on the Web.

> I like MAC motion which has the ability to do particles. I
> do not think AE can do that, can it?

After Effects comes with a few particle system effects, including Particle Playground, CC Particle World, and CC Particle Systems II. Also, there are some excellent particle plug-ins available for After Effects, including Trapcode Particular and Trapdcode Form (the latter being a brand new 3D particle system).
Old December 23rd, 2007, 07:20 PM   #5
Trustee

Hmm looks good. I will check if AE can export in m2t for use back in Vegas. Looks like AE is very competent indeed.
Sean Seah is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...