Trying to get the aspect ratio right... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old December 25th, 2007, 04:55 PM   #1
Trustee

Trying to get the aspect ratio right...

I ended up rendering some time-lapsed footage that was originally 16:9 into 4:3 (by mistake), so now when I use the rendered Time-lapsed footage with the other unrendered 16:9 footage, the time-lapsed rendered footage is stretched. How can I match up the footage again? I don't want to go back and re-render out the time-lapsed footage if I can avoid it.
When I used the 16:9 bars in the Pan/crop tool, it just make black coverings, and doesn't squish the image correctly - so is there a way?

Using VV7
David Delaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #2
Trustee

Nevermind, found it in the properties panel of the clip to change it to the correct aspect ratio.
Old March 27th, 2008, 06:25 AM   #3
Trustee

I've have some new footage from a panasonic hard drive camera, and for some reason it looks stretched. I am trying different aspect ratios, but nothing seems to fix it (in the property panel). Is there a way to find out what the footage is originally? I really want to fix this before I send it out...
Old March 27th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #4
Inner Circle

The first thing I do for each clip is to uncheck "maintain aspect" in the pan & crop properties for each clip. That allows the clip to fill the window.

Note that widescreen DVDs don't use the same 16x9 aspect ratio that HD uses. wide DVDs are *almost* 16x9.

I'm wondering, is there a way to make Vegas default to turning off "maintain aspect" when adding new clips?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...