DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Authoring in the Chicagoland Area? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/110994-authoring-chicagoland-area.html)

Tony Jucin December 26th, 2007 03:44 PM

Authoring in the Chicagoland Area?

Who does it for sony vegas? I dont need anything special but last year about this time I had some DVDs produced and they would freeze and or skip if you fast forwarded them. We had a new batch made and it did the same thing and we found out that is was because of the original that it did it.

Most will consider it minor what I have to have done and I will pay you. I can bring my computer to your place. Thanks Let me know. Feel free to email me at
makethecoin@yahoo.com

Matthew Chaboud December 26th, 2007 03:48 PM

Well, it's best if you can swing it yourself (teach a man to fish, etc). What sort of stuff is it, and what is your timeframe?

-Matt

Don Bloom December 26th, 2007 07:00 PM

Tony,
Not quite sure of what you mean 'we found out that is was because of the original that it did it'.
If there was a corrupted file it wouldn't work to get to the authoring program, if it was the wrong bitrate it wouldn't play thru maybe bad medium.
In any case if I can be of help let me know.

Don

Tony Jucin December 27th, 2007 09:14 AM

Don here is my issue, you posted on it last year if you remember.
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=88469

My time frame is ASAP!

I was told by one of my studio buddys that I should axe vegas. He said export back onto tape and then import as one big file to adobe premiere?

Don Bloom December 27th, 2007 11:03 AM

Well i disagree about axing Vegas and going to premier but then I'm a tried and true Vegas fan and since version 2 I can honestly say I've never really had a problem. But that's just me.
So let's see if we can help you figure this out.

OK so the DVDs that were made are freezing and or skipping.

FIRST put the project on the timeline in Vegas and go thru it. Watch for any bad areas. Pixelation, corrupt files ANYTHING that would or might cause any kind of problem.
If everything is OK there then go back to DVDA or whatever the authoring program is and agin go thru the entire thing and watch for anything that might cause any sort of problem. If everything is OK there then burn another DVD and make sure it works in all of the players you can get your hands on. If that works then it is not YOU but the dup house again either using cheapo DVDs or their workflow is bad or something but IF the new DVD you burn plays out fine then the problem is on their side and you need to find another dup house.
One more question, how long is the project and what bitrate are you using-also are you doing CBR or VBR also 1 pass or 2?
I'm looking for anything that might cause this. Just a little brainstroming.
Let me know.
Don

Tony Jucin December 27th, 2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Bloom (Post 798781)
Well i disagree about axing Vegas and going to premier but then I'm a tried and true Vegas fan and since version 2 I can honestly say I've never really had a problem. But that's just me.
So let's see if we can help you figure this out.

OK so the DVDs that were made are freezing and or skipping.

FIRST put the project on the timeline in Vegas and go thru it. Watch for any bad areas. Pixelation, corrupt files ANYTHING that would or might cause any kind of problem.
If everything is OK there then go back to DVDA or whatever the authoring program is and agin go thru the entire thing and watch for anything that might cause any sort of problem. If everything is OK there then burn another DVD and make sure it works in all of the players you can get your hands on. If that works then it is not YOU but the dup house again either using cheapo DVDs or their workflow is bad or something but IF the new DVD you burn plays out fine then the problem is on their side and you need to find another dup house.
One more question, how long is the project and what bitrate are you using-also are you doing CBR or VBR also 1 pass or 2?
I'm looking for anything that might cause this. Just a little brainstroming.
Let me know.
Don

Don Im not up to par on all the lingo on here :) What is DVDA? Also the questions you asked towards the bottom, Im not sure on those either, where do I look to find out?

Is there anything out there that I might try to use to build my menus and burn besides nero?

Allen Plowman December 27th, 2007 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Jucin (Post 798432)
Who does it for sony vegas? I dont need anything special but last year about this time I had some DVDs produced and they would freeze and or skip if you fast forwarded them. We had a new batch made and it did the same thing and we found out that is was because of the original that it did it.

Most will consider it minor what I have to have done and I will pay you. I can bring my computer to your place. Thanks Let me know. Feel free to email me at
makethecoin@yahoo.com

I had similar problems on my first dvd. I found out I had other programs running in the background, and I needed separate hard drives for the video files. (at least that is what fixed my problem for me) I use a 3.8 dual core processor 2 gb ram, asus motherboard and adobe premiere. I was originally under the impression that using a single hard drive would only slow down my system. in my case, it caused errors like you describe. I went to the trouble to fix the problem, rather than pay some else to do the work.

Don Bloom December 27th, 2007 01:20 PM

DVDArchitec=Sonys authoring program that can be intergrated with Vegas

CBR=Constant Bitrate
VBR=Variable Bitrate
Used when rendering to MPEG for DVD authoring

1 pass means the program rendering to MPEG is going thru the timeline 1 time to compress and 2 pass means it's going thru twice. Generally 2 pass will give a better look but it does take a little longer to do.

I'll email off the forum and lets try to fix this.

Don