Vegas on Imac/Boot Camp - glitchy audio playback at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 5th, 2008, 06:39 AM   #1
Slash Rules!

Vegas on Imac/Boot Camp - glitchy audio playback

I didn't know whether this should go in the Vegas or Mac section, so feel free to move.

Okay, so I installed boot camp on my new 20" Intel Imac. Installed Vegas 6.0d on there. Everything runs fine, except, when playing back, audio is horribly glitchy. It plays, but on top of the sounds I'm supposed to be hearing are all sorts of "8-bit" sounding beeps and boops. . .like when you get a corrupted file with dropouts, know what I mean?

Same files will play back fine in Acid and Sound Forge, only in my Vegas project that it's doing this.

I read about updating the RealTek Audio driver, so I did that. . .no difference.

Heard turning your network card off could solve it (for real!). . .no difference.

No other glitchy sound issues. . .(though it is noticably louder than in OSX) stuff plays back in WMP, any player, just fine. . .it's only in Vegas (har har) that it's screwing up. Any ideas? Me lost. This is the last thing keeping me from putting my old PC in the closet. Also the main reason I wanted to do the "Windows on a Mac" thing at all. Vegas, that is (I'm getting FCP, of course, but might need Vegas on a rare occasions, or to deal with an older project).
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2008, 02:26 PM   #2
Slash Rules!

Ok, I THINK I got it.

Even though I already installed the boot camp drivers off the OSX install DVD, I read that you could update them by doing it again (it's supposed to go online to get the updates once the DVD is installed), so I tried it, and next time I opened Vegas and played something in the timeline, it sounded normal. So I guess that did it. Keep your fingers crossed. I'll update if anything else goes wrong.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...