DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   5 frames per second help please (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/112320-5-frames-per-second-help-please.html)

Lou Trottier January 14th, 2008 12:32 AM

5 frames per second help please

Hi Everyone and happy New Year,

I work for a toy manufacturer as their audio editor/producer, etc. We are doing our first project with a hand held kids movie projector and I volunteered myself for this.
I have a 40 second clip at 30fps. I need to reduce this to 5 frames per second due to the fact that the toy projector has a capacity of 200 frames (stills). I can use a script in Vegas 8 (render Image sequence) to render each of the 1200 frames individually but I need to delete approx 1000 frames. I need every 5th or 6th frame. Is there a script that does this?

Next question.

Once I have my final 200 frames I need to resize them to 4.5mm high and 4.75mm wide to be processed by the film manufacturer. I don't think Vegas can do this.. or is this more a Photoshop issue.

Thanks in Advance
I hope this makes sense

Lou

Edward Troxel January 14th, 2008 08:45 AM

The image sequence script that comes with Vegas can do this for you but you'll need to modify the script. It should simply be a matter of telling it to skip 5 frames instead of 1.

Another solution that might work for you would be to use Excalibur or Ultimate S to output images skipping "x" frames. Either should be able to handle that process.

Lou Trottier January 14th, 2008 10:03 AM

Thanks Edward, scripting is new to me. I'll have to do some experimenting modifying the existing script. Good idea.

Lou

Seth Bloombaum January 14th, 2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou Trottier (Post 807937)
...Next question.

Once I have my final 200 frames I need to resize them to 4.5mm high and 4.75mm wide to be processed by the film manufacturer. I don't think Vegas can do this.. or is this more a Photoshop issue.

This is an incomplete spec. To use it you'll also need a DPI figure (dots per inch). The film-out co. might be figuring 72dpi, but you need to check.

In Vegas you can set up your project to any resolution, this will be X pixels by Y pixels. Perhaps the film-out co. can give you that dimension, and you can finish in Vegas.

Photoshop is most convenient for conversions if you have Xmm by Ymm at Zdpi. But Vegas can do it as well, you'll just need to do some math:
Xheight times Zdots-per-unit = A pixels high. And similar for image width. You'll need to get your screen dimensions and dots-per-unit into the same system, converting milimeters to inches or vice-versa.

Matthew Chaboud January 14th, 2008 12:04 PM

Just change the framerate for your Vegas project to 6 fps (progressive).

-Matt

Lou Trottier January 14th, 2008 12:28 PM

You guys are the best. I was told 1200 dpi but this doesn't sound right, I'll have to get more details.

As far as the frame rate goes I just changed the step rate when capturing image sequence. Worked like a charm.

thanks a lot, I have six of these movies to do and really needed to be able to do this quickly. I appreciate the help.

Lou