Preview at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 17th, 2008, 12:32 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Preview

I use the Free Magic Bullet lighting effects that came out some time ago...does anyone have any reason that the preview window becomes slower, any fixes?
Peter Ferriero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 01:48 AM   #2
Inner Circle

I don't know the technical reasons (others can explain that) but I do know the Magic Bullet film effects are processor hogs, I think because they are designed for HD. If you want to see slow, wait until you render the project.

The Vegas built-in Glow effect has a similar effect when applied. You can use the button on top of the preview window to bypass previewing the effect while editing, but there is no fix for the slowness that is experienced while watching the effect play from the timeline.

With the quad processors, etc, the problem is less, but still there. I purchased the GrafPaks 2 and 3 from Vasst and I'm extremely pleased. Previewing is fine and rendering barely takes a hit.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...