Vegas 8b Render Glitches (AGAIN!) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 18th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #1
Major Player

Vegas 8b Render Glitches (AGAIN!)

OK, I'M GETTING REALLY MAD NOW. Its probably something simple, but its driving me nuts!

I'm on Vegas 8b now (This happened in all versions of 8)...

Problem: I'm getting sporadic "dropped frames" or black frames without audio. I go to the timeline at the same spots and this problem is NOT showing in the timeline at the given areas. I've tried setting Dynamic Ram Preview to 128, 64, and even this last time 0. I also experimented with not doing iframes at markers and even just doing a default MPG2 DVD Architect render... all the same results.

Here is a kicker for you, I tried to render a wmv clip of the effected area (this is when I notice it didn't show problem on the timeline) and it renders that segment perfectly.

SO, I go smart and just snipped out the segment within the MPG file with VideoRedo... here it is: www.jcdv.com/test/VegasGlitch.mpg

I NEED to get this rectified quickly so I can mail this video out tomorrow morning. I can not keep wasting several hours to render this out and hope for the best, so any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT: I just checked the HDV version and it did NOT do this in it... just the SD version.

TIA,
Old January 18th, 2008, 06:43 PM   #2
Major Player

Have you tried to render to a new track for an affected area? I just completed a project where 8b wouldn't render the audio on a track. The render would complete fine, but it was missing a track's audio. Yet, I was able to render the region to a new track and then used it and muted the other tracks. Weird.
David Jasany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2008, 11:52 AM   #3
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Jasany View Post
Have you tried to render to a new track for an affected area? I just completed a project where 8b wouldn't render the audio on a track. The render would complete fine, but it was missing a track's audio. Yet, I was able to render the region to a new track and then used it and muted the other tracks. Weird.
Yes...

I ended up feeding Nero Vision the full length HDV file and it scaled it down to SD beautifully. I put the HDV file into the DVD Architect project and imported chapter markers and then switched media and it worked. BTW, Nero rendered the file in almost real time on my little dual core 3.2 ghz proc. I was impressed. Also, the Nero downconvert was indistinguishable from the Vegas SD downconversion.....

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...