Vegas 7.0a and Vista at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old January 20th, 2008, 01:36 PM   #1
New Boot

Vegas 7.0a and Vista

Hi all,

I had a brand new copy of Vegas 7.0a sitting around and I just loaded it on my Vista computer. Am I asking for trouble? I am having problems already. I am able to capture video from my HV20 using Windoes Movie Maker but I can't capture using Vegas. I keep getting "The device 'Canon HV20' could not be opened"

I am new to DV editing so I have no clue if this is a Vegas on Vista problem or a general connectivity problem I am having.

Thanks!
Pete R.
Peter Racanelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 07:10 PM   #2
Trustee

I initially had trouble getting Vegas to recognize my camera the first time. I think it had something to do with the order in which I powered/booted devices. Once it mysteriously decided to recognize the camera, it has always immediately worked since.
Marcus Marchesseault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008, 09:52 PM   #3
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Racanelli View Post
Hi all,

I had a brand new copy of Vegas 7.0a sitting around and I just loaded it on my Vista computer. Am I asking for trouble? I am having problems already. I am able to capture video from my HV20 using Windoes Movie Maker but I can't capture using Vegas. I keep getting "The device 'Canon HV20' could not be opened"

I am new to DV editing so I have no clue if this is a Vegas on Vista problem or a general connectivity problem I am having.

Thanks!
Pete R.
Vegas 7 is up to Rev. E. You should download the update to help eliminate some bugs from the initial release.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008, 03:17 PM   #4
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Boston View Post
Vegas 7 is up to Rev. E. You should download the update to help eliminate some bugs from the initial release.

-gb-
Ae you referring to the more professional version? Sorry I was not clear - I have Vegas Movie Studio and on their website I did not see any updates past rev a.
Also, I downloaded version 8 as a trial and I still have the same problem.

Thanks...
Peter Racanelli is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...