DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Can't import mxf files in vegas 8.0b (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/113523-cant-import-mxf-files-vegas-8-0b.html)

Dean Lines January 29th, 2008 08:50 PM

Can't import mxf files in vegas 8.0b

I recently got the Sony Ex1 and I just downloaded the Vegas demo to check it out before buying... Thank god I didnt pay up front...

Ive been essentially following this guide, http://www.sundancemediagroup.com/ar...ony_Vegas8.htm

I used clip browser to export the footage as MXF files.. Loaded up Vegas...

In the explorer it doesn't see the MXF files at all. If I select show "all files" I can see the MXF files but when I try to open them in Vegas I get this.

"Warning: An Error Occurred while opening one or more files"
"The File is most likely corrupted of of an unknown format."

This was on my Vista machine. But I just tried it on my XP machine and got the same results..

Any ideas?

One more thing. The files play back fine in VCL player. if that's any help.

Hopefully one of you guys can help me out. I'm loving this camera so far and I cant wait to start playing with the footage and learning Vegas but this error is killing me. Everyone else seems to be having a somewhat flawless workflow...

So frustrating.

Help me Dvinfo forum... You're my only hope.

Steven Thomas January 29th, 2008 09:08 PM

completely uninstall and then reinstall again. The same thing happened to me.

Dean Lines January 29th, 2008 10:09 PM

Hmm. So in vista I just went to uninstall programs, uninsulated Vegas. Restarted, reinstalled Vegas, Loaded it up.. And it still wont load/recognise the files. In the "explorer" window it doesn't even recognise the mxf files as media files. I need to click on show "all files" just to see them.. Then I get the error message again that I quoted in my first post.

Man.. I was so excited then thinking that might have done it..

Any other ideas?

Did you get the exact same error message?

Paul Kellett January 30th, 2008 05:24 AM

Dean,i'm stumped by what's happening to you,i've got the same set-up and it's fine.If you want,pm me your phone number and i can ring you around tea time,6ish,and we'll talk through it together,make sure we're doing the same thing.
Or if you've got msn instant,pm me yours and we'll do it that way.
Once you get this sorted you'll love the workflow.
In the meantime,do a disc clean-up,disc defrag,(download auslogics for defrag cos vista's is crap/slow).
Paul.

Travis Smith January 19th, 2009 01:55 AM

Same problem - Vegas Pro cannot open MXF file

Hello,

As I was having trouble with loading MXF files in Vegas, I thought that there would be hundreds of others having the same problem and there would be a simple remedy. But, I guess this is not the case.

I have a Sony PDW-75MD (professional/medical-grade HD XDCAM recorder) that records to professional XDCAM 25GB/50GB discs from an HD-SDI source. I have the full install of Vegas Pro 8 and my colleague also just installed the full version. Neither one of us are able to open the MXF files in Vegas. VLC plays them just fine. These are both XP Pro systems. We cannot open the MXF files whether they are on the XDCAM disc (by using the PDWU1) or on the local hard disk.

Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

-Travis

Perrone Ford January 19th, 2009 08:23 AM

What version of Vegas? 8.0c fixed this issue.

-P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travis Smith (Post 997292)
Hello,

As I was having trouble with loading MXF files in Vegas, I thought that there would be hundreds of others having the same problem and there would be a simple remedy. But, I guess this is not the case.

I have a Sony PDW-75MD (professional/medical-grade HD XDCAM recorder) that records to professional XDCAM 25GB/50GB discs from an HD-SDI source. I have the full install of Vegas Pro 8 and my colleague also just installed the full version. Neither one of us are able to open the MXF files in Vegas. VLC plays them just fine. These are both XP Pro systems. We cannot open the MXF files whether they are on the XDCAM disc (by using the PDWU1) or on the local hard disk.

Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated.

-Travis

Travis Smith January 20th, 2009 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Perrone Ford (Post 997380)
What version of Vegas? 8.0c fixed this issue.

-P

I was using 8.0a. And, you are right, updating seems to have corrected the problem.

When I had first installed Vegas Pro many, many months ago I had no problems with these types of files. We were able to produce some HD video for a convention from medical videos that came from the same XDCAM discs (and same PDW-75MD's) without any problem. Then, I haven't done anything with the software since. Last week, my colleague installed Vegas Pro 8 (the same version I had) and had the MXF problems. I said, "no problem - it works on my system." Only to find out that it also didn't work. Therefore, I was certain something changed on the XP systems (some update or something) that broke this functionality.

In any case, I appreciate your help. We are up and running again.

-Travis