Your Advice at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 4th, 2008, 02:59 PM   #1
Major Player

Your Advice

I've had a Hard drive that I use for backups die on me (not even spinning up).

My option are, pay someone £250 to salvage tha data. If it was spinning I have a friend who works in this field who can retreive pretty much anything. No spin...no go!

Now....I've actually been pretty lucky in that I still have all but two of the projects on my main system.

And, all that I actually need for the missing two are backups of the finished DVD's. I can get a copy of each DVD so.........do I just browse the DVD and copy the Video and Audio folders across to a new drive or, make an image or....what?

Just want to be in a position to burn them extra copies in future should they ask.

PS-Lesson learned. Next purchase will be a NAS enclsure which will be setup with two 500Gb's drive set to mirror in RAID.
Alastair Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 03:19 PM   #2
Wrangler

If you're using DVD Architect, create a folder to hold copies of the AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders from the DVD. Then tell DVDA it's a Previously prepared folder. If you have something like Nero, you could just copy the DVD directly.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...