V8 startup at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 4th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #1
Major Player

V8 startup

is there any way to get Vegas 8 to start up faster, mine takes 30-40 sec, or so
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2008, 04:21 PM   #2
Wrangler

Try turning off or un-installing the Media Manager.
Old February 5th, 2008, 02:23 AM   #3
Old Boot

Are we talking about an empty, new Vegas project? No previous media in the project? Yes? Loading a much media-laden Vegas project certainly takes some time. If there is a need to rebuild waveform files and general searching for stuff - yes, I can accept that.

My QUADie with 2 gb of fast RAM, PC is not connected to the INTERNET so I don't need to have any anti virus software permanently scanning & running. If you have this situation consider removing the PC from a modem and close down any anti virus software. But I have also been told that with the new fast QUADs this should NOT make a difference.

OK, after an initial first time loading of Vegas Pro8, any subsequent loads of Vegas in that session takes about 5 to 10 seconds. However, mine takes 30-40 seconds on the first daily loading. I wonder if this holds up against other NLEs?

PS: I am running Media Manager all the time. 30-40 seconds once at the start of the day? I can live with that, if at the same time I can save creative time searching and developing ideas by USING Media Manager!

PPS: In prefs turn OFF the start-up splash screen!

Last edited by Graham Bernard; February 5th, 2008 at 02:25 AM. Reason: further thought . .!
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...