Best render settings for Myspace at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old February 16th, 2008, 12:13 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Best render settings for Myspace

I am having some trouble, I've played around with some render settings and I cant seem to get my footage to look sharp, and clear on Myspace video. I've tried YouTube settings but they don't work out either. Anyone have settings they use for Myspace Video player?

I am using Sony Vegas 7 Pro, using HDV 24p footage.
Joel Bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2008, 05:57 AM   #2
Regular Crew

There is no good way

I have researched almost every encode option for you tube: whatever you use your quality is going to take a big hit. I looked at lot's of you tubes, picked out the ones I thought were of better quality and asked for their encoding settings. Most were very generous in sharing (the Charlie Rose Show(640X480, WMV,1500 bit) was very helpful). But still you've picked the 2 worst for maintaining quality. See Vimeo(HD), Brightcove for better quality.
Here a some encoding ideas :http://www.multimediashooter.com/wp/?page_id=436

The good news is that You Tube is changing their encoding (they won't say exactly when or how) "soon". In a recent interview they did hint that all the footage sent to them was saved in the format it was sent in, giving hope that it will be reencoded in a higher quality codec.
The new association between Apple TV and You Tube gives one hope that (YT) might start using the new H.264Flash format. But Google/YT seems to keep what they do exactly to themselves.

I now send stuff in a FLV VP6 container, but it looks like, in the future it might not be a bad idea to encode in the Apple TV format. Sony Vegas >AVI uncompressed> Quick Time Pro>Apple TV.
Roy Feldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Yeah I know youtube, and myspace videos are the worst, but I am entering a video into a contest and my short has to be uploaded on to Myspace for it to be entered unfortunately. I watched most of the other contestants shorts and some have really good quality.

Thank you for the tips. I'm going to try them out, and if I have no luck I will return.
Old February 16th, 2008, 01:49 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Roy, thank you so much. I found a program threw that link called Riva FLV encoder, and it works amazing! I ran a few tests already and my videos look 100% better now!
Old February 16th, 2008, 02:40 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Riva

Not all movies make it through Riva. The standard of the industry is ON2, they have a lite version for about $50, and they have recently upgraded to include the new Flash/H264.
If you're going to be turning a lot of stuff to flash this is the way to go, the Flix Pro version has some really great features particularly with the promise that the new (VP6S) standard holds.
Old February 17th, 2008, 01:34 AM   #6
Regular Crew

What do you mean? Everything I tested worked fine.
Old February 17th, 2008, 06:07 AM   #7
Regular Crew

It doesn't

like some of the HDV formats and frame rates
Old February 17th, 2008, 10:35 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Oh well, im not too worried about HDV for the web at the moment. The program is perfect for myspace, and youtube videos and thats all I need for now.
Joel Bradley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...