DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Cineform / Workflow Question (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/115352-cineform-workflow-question.html)

Mark Holmes February 20th, 2008 11:26 PM

Cineform / Workflow Question

So I've got one for you: is there any way to take a project made of, say, HDV clips, and save or render the project so that all clips are converted to the Cineform Intermediate format? Basically, re-rendering all the clips so that one would go from working with HDV to Cineform.....

There must at least be a script to do this....

Lance Spratt February 21st, 2008 12:34 AM

Hi Mark,

This can all be done inside of Vegas. Here's how:

1. Drop all of your HDV clips on the timeline end to end
2. Create regions at each of your events on the timeline with the event name (there is a script out there that will do this for you - 'create_regions_from_event_names' - check on the VASST site)
3. Run the "Batch_Render_GUI' from the scripts menu
4. Select the HDV Intermediate of your choice from the Video for windows drop-down tree
5. be sure to select Render Regions at the bottom of the script
6. Choose a render location
7. Press OK!

Be sure to have your project settings set-up to match your footage if you are doing a direct copy to an intermediate.

If you want an easier and faster solution, buy the Cineform NEO-HDV package as it will do batch conversions for you, plus a host of other processing options. It will also capture direct from your HDV cam and convert to the Cineform .avi format on the fly as you capture. I use it everyday, and love it.

Hope it helps!

Lance

Taeho Lee February 21st, 2008 01:07 PM

Thank you very much.

This is what I have searched for many weeks. In the past, I captured videos by HDVSplit with check on scene split. But when I rendered all the individual mt2 clips into cineform intermediat in Vegas, the rendered file (.avi) became one big file, which I must split again manually (one by one) for further editing. In fact, this meant that I did not need to split scenes at the cature stage.

Now, thanks to your suggestion, I can now convert individual mt2 clips into separate avi intermediate files without having them merged into one big avi file. What you suggested solved all the tedious work I had to do.

Many thanks again.... from Paris.

Mark Holmes February 21st, 2008 01:20 PM

Thanks Lance,
That is exactly what I was looking for. Hopefully Sony will find a way to add a tool to Vegas down the line to simplify this, but it looks like it works this way for now.

Jim Browning February 21st, 2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lance Spratt (Post 830020)
It will also capture direct from your HDV cam and convert to the Cineform .avi format on the fly as you capture. I use it everyday, and love it.

And especially with the latest builds, the files are nicely named: your choice of "base name" with -001, -002, etc appended. Makes organization easy.