NEW Blackmagic Intensity v1.8.4 drivers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 7th, 2008, 05:13 AM   #1
Major Player

NEW Blackmagic Intensity v1.8.4 drivers

Blackmagic released new WinXP v1.8.4 drivers today for the Intensity Pro. I just installed the drivers and I can confirm that Vegas will now both read and write Intensity Pro MJPEG files!!! I've been waiting almost a year for this to happen and I am thrilled! I'll check out the rest of the Intensity/Vegas integration over the next few days and report back to this thread. So far, so good.

John

(EDIT: 1920x1080 MJPEG files do not play at full frame rate in Vegas, but the fact that they play at all is a major step forward. The same files will play at full quality and frame rate in Premiere CS3, probably due to the fact that the Intensity is using its on-board hardware MJPEG decoder when being run from within Premiere.)

Last edited by John Cline; March 7th, 2008 at 05:45 AM.
John Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #2
Inner Circle

John, if you're a user of the standalone Cineform packages (Neo HDV for example), my understanding is that you can select Cineform AVI as the recording file format - not sure if it is BM cap software seeing the codec, or Neo seeing the BM card.

In any event, I'd be very interested in your impressions of using Intensity acquisition and timeline playback with BM MJPEG format vs. Cineform.

Last edited by Seth Bloombaum; March 7th, 2008 at 10:06 PM. Reason: typo
Seth Bloombaum is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...