DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 64bit in September (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/116856-vegas-64bit-september.html)

David Hadden March 12th, 2008 02:58 PM

Vegas 64bit in September

Yep, that's what I read at least, on the bottom of the registration for the Sony/VASST Party front page.

see for yourselves

where it says VP of engineering in yellow/gold text.

Chris Wysocki March 12th, 2008 04:01 PM

Great find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats really good news. I hope that we all with 64bit chips and OSs can benifit from an actual 64bit version of vegas video pro software that runs alot more stable and faster. Maybe now a PC will be at the same level of performance as a mac with final cut pro. Im tired of hearing macs are the best for video editing!!!!! lol to each their own i guess

Jeff Harper March 12th, 2008 04:43 PM

I too find this great news. By the time the 64 bit version of Vegas is released, the OEM 64 bit version of Vista w/ SP1 included should also be available. I expect together they will be fairly efficient and fast.

John Cline March 12th, 2008 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Wysocki (Post 841419)
Maybe now a PC will be at the same level of performance as a mac with final cut pro. Im tired of hearing macs are the best for video editing!!!!!

Of course the Mac cult is going to say that! The truth is that Vegas can edit circles around FCP. It's amazing the hoops that one has to jump through in FCP to do the simplest of tasks. FCP is the "brainchild" of the same guy that was responsible for Adobe Premiere through version 6. Enough said...

Sean Seah March 13th, 2008 08:33 AM

If only Vegas had more 3rd party stuff and templates.. still, its a great move!

John Cline March 13th, 2008 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Seah (Post 841820)
If only Vegas had more 3rd party stuff and templates.. still, its a great move!

There would be more third party stuff if Sony would update the software developers kit (SDK.) It hasn't been updated since Sonic Foundry still owned Vegas. I suppose the other stumbling block is that Vegas doesn't yet have a large enough market share to make it economically attractive for third party developers to get on board. It is improving though.

Sean Seah March 16th, 2008 05:37 AM

OIC. So they should really work on the SDK thingy. The Sony chaps in Singapore are pusing for Vegas but it seems FCP+Avid is the top in this region.

Jad Meouchy March 24th, 2008 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Cline (Post 841871)
There would be more third party stuff if Sony would update the software developers kit (SDK.) It hasn't been updated since Sonic Foundry still owned Vegas. I suppose the other stumbling block is that Vegas doesn't yet have a large enough market share to make it economically attractive for third party developers to get on board. It is improving though.

There is an SDK out for Vegas 8.0c and it looks fantastic.

Richard Hunter March 24th, 2008 01:17 PM

So is it 64-bit Vegas or just 64-bit compatible? Does the press release actually say?

Richard

John Cline March 24th, 2008 01:50 PM

Yes, it will be a full-up 64-bit version of Vegas.

The current 32-bit v8.0 Vegas Pro runs fine under Vista64.

Robin Lobel March 25th, 2008 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jad Meouchy (Post 847660)
There is an SDK out for Vegas 8.0c and it looks fantastic.

You mean, is it out yet (couldn't find a link to it), or will it be out when they release Vegas Pro 8.0c ?