DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Vegas 8 Pro Titler & Credit Roll?? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/117414-vegas-8-pro-titler-credit-roll.html)

Ray Paula March 20th, 2008 07:38 AM

Vegas 8 Pro Titler & Credit Roll??

Hi Everyone!
I've seen Spots volume 8 which covers some on Pro Titler. I now see that there is a volume 9 covering this subject. My question is how much more in depth does this volume go into it's use?
Another subject that I would like to see is an in depth tutorial of Sony Credit roll menu. If anyone can point me in the right direction in regards to Sonys Credit Roll usage it would be most appreciated. Thanks, Ray

Renton Maclachlan March 20th, 2008 01:04 PM

I have done a transparent scrolling credit roll at the end of the wedding films I have done. There is not much to it. The trickiest bit I found was determining its scrolling speed which is set by the length of the credit roll 'generated media' down the time line.

Jason Robinson March 20th, 2008 02:41 PM

Credits

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renton Maclachlan (Post 845726)
I have done a transparent scrolling credit roll at the end of the wedding films I have done. There is not much to it. The trickiest bit I found was determining its scrolling speed which is set by the length of the credit roll 'generated media' down the time line.

Unfortunately, text manipulation is something Vegas has been pretty week on from my point of view. Every time I try to hit up the new Titler in v8 I have stability problems and it is slow, so I just skip it.

If you want to take a look at two samples of ending credits I created using lots of key frames with the normal "text generator" then check out the following links:

This is a video using a LOT of tracks and layers of tracks in order to get media files played at a slight tilt away from the screen to them do a "scroll into the background" All the text & media files are individual tracks under a parent track that actually contains the motion.

The first video on this page contains lots of motion. All these text elements were layered and keyframed using Vegas 6. Contrary motion was the theme I used for that ending credits. It may look a little busy though.

The second video on this page contains less motion, but has text chopped up into sections allowing lots of creative placement of video / graphical elements.

I have also used a few of Vegas's canned "credit scrolls" but you are limited in style and font variety, etc so I usually do credit fades instead of scrolls.

Paul Kellett March 20th, 2008 03:29 PM

Jason.
Nice videos,i like the first one the best,the one with the years flashing by.
A tutorial on that would be nice.

Paul.

David Hadden March 20th, 2008 03:31 PM

Let me first say, that while this is not covered in the titling DVD, I highly recommend volume 9 of the Absolute Training for Vegas Pro + DVDA. Even after having spent hours and hours and hours working in the titler, I decided to watch the DVD and I still there were time saving tips and tricks that I learned that were solid useful things to know, and if you haven't spent the last few months working in the titler, I'm sure there are going to be a LOT of things that this DVD will teach you that are of worth.

Now on to your specific problem.

I would probably just use word to type up the list, then copy paste into the ProType Titler, and adjust to fit safe zones keeping all the text in one block, and then navigate into the block to the line level and just go down line by line to adjust where I wanted it. Then navigate up to work on the whole text block and finally keyframe the whole block of text to scroll from the bottom to the top (IE enable keyframes on the Y offset and adjust), I'd make everything go below and just off the bottom of the screen at the start and then roll to the end and make everything go to the top and just past the top of it so your 2 keyframes start just below visible, and end just above visible. Then to make sure that the block stays centered the whole time, simply double click the X offset and since you didn't activate keyframing on that it will now center the overall text block and you'll be good to go. If you want to make it scroll longer, just adjust the "length" value at the top left and move the key frame to the appropriate position to make it scroll the right speed ( and don't forget to make sure you actually extend the gen media "clip" on the time line to at least the length of your ending keyframe (if it's not all the way to the end of your "clip").

Dave

David Hadden March 20th, 2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Kellett (Post 845796)
Jason.

Paul.

I'm curious if you dropped all those in 3D space and then just used the Parent track set to 3D and moved in that one, or if you moved each one individually?

(you could say I've got a bit of experience with the 3D track motion in Vegas so I'm always curious how other people go about using it).

Dave

Jason Robinson March 20th, 2008 04:19 PM

render monster

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Kellett (Post 845796)
Jason.

Paul.

That clip, as short as it was, took hours and hours to render. I think it might have been up to 8 hours to render. I think it was all the motion. Everything is moving backwards so it is shrinking in both X and Y dimensions. then the video / pictures are rotated away from the viewer, so there is more resizing. Then the video has to track all the years at once. Each year is a set of sub-tracks one for the year text and one for the media. I also ran into problem expanding the positioning beyond the max coordinates of vegas so I had to "shrink" everything's relative size. One thing that killed the system was NOT fading out each media file after "X" years stacked up in front of it. Even though 3 years might completely cover up year "X" when I faded it out and removed that year's media from the time line by time "Y" things spend up a LOT. Vegas just may do a lot of record keeping for media even though it is not visible.

SO take away less from that project was that if something isn't visible in the frame, then get rid of it, because Vegas can't ignore it until needed.