New Vegas-After Effects Plug-in at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old March 25th, 2008, 08:08 AM   #1
Tourist

New Vegas-After Effects Plug-in

Over the years, I've developed a video editing workflow that involves making a first cut in Sony Vegas and finishing in Adobe After Effects. To help automate the process, I threw together an After Effects plug-in that reads in a Vegas EDL file, de-interlaces the footage with the Deinterlace Blend technique, creates easy-to-manually-adjust comps from the deinterlaced footage & finally inserts the deinterlaced & adjusted footage into the Vegas timeline.

If it may be of use to you, goto http://verstehenvideo.org/aeplugs/

Free but limited support.

Happy Editing!
-pc
Paul Cady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:08 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi Paul,

This is fantastic! Can you tell me if your plugin will simply allow me to import a Vegas project that has straight edits with some transitions into AE for tweaking, CCing, etc?

Kevin
Kevin Janisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 01:31 PM   #3
Trustee

Thanks Paul. Never tried deinterlacing, but you've inspired me to give it a try.
Old March 28th, 2008, 03:21 PM   #4
Tourist

Kevin,

For simple import into After Effects, I'd use Vegas' AAF export capability which works well enough.

The reason to use my plugin would be only if you wanted to deinterlace your source using the so-called Deinterlace Blend method which involves no pulldown, importing a second copy of the footage with field interpretation reversed and comping that to the original with an opacity of 50%.

Years ago, Trish Meyers related the story of a blind test some LUG she was involved with did with all the then known deinterlace techniques and Deinterlace Blend was preferred by the viewers. I still like the look of it and it renders fast. But these days of disappearing interlaced CRTs and Flash video, I figure its best to deinterlace myself and avoid interlaced footage completely.
-pc
Paul Cady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 11:48 PM   #5
Old Boot

Satish Kumar - Frameserver. I've read people use this for pumping from Vegas to AE?

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2009, 12:29 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I'm curious as to how many DVinfo users are using this plugin?
It looks very good in theory.
Keith Malone is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...