.Net Runtime Error at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 3rd, 2008, 04:49 AM   #1
Major Player

.Net Runtime Error

Has anyone encountered this error when booting Vegas which asks you to install .Net Framework and Vegas stops loading. I knew something was wrong when in the middle of an edit in V8, the PC completely shut down immediately after an error warning as if I had pulled the plug !

My PC has .Net framework installed but there is a bug as I am unable to remove or repair this file or add an update.

Any suggestions, - I am going round the bend with this and have spent DAYS trying to fix it but it looks like I may have to re-format my drive & start again. This is V8 - no trouble with V7 !
Win XP Pro, P4 dual core 2.1, 4g ram.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2008, 06:13 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

Vegas 8 uses a different version of .NET than Vegas 7 so it could be related only to the newer version. What if you do a system restore back to when it did work?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2008, 07:30 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks Edward but yes I have tried all that but to no avail. In fact I tried several older restore dates but it did not solve the problem but you are right in that my V7 starts to load & after a minute it fails on the runtime loading. BUT in V8 it has knocked out the serial number so it is now asking for it immediately when I try to run it.
My problem with V8 now is that I have mislaid the SN even though I have a copy of the authentication email from Sony but it does not quote the original SN.

I have emailed them for the SN but I am still waiting.
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2008, 11:55 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Ron, go to the of the My Account section on the Sony site and you should see serial numbers for all your products.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 06:51 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Mike.
I went to their site and using the exact same email address that they sent my authentication to, they said they didn't recognise the address.
So it looks like the old left/right hand thing wih Sony !
Ron Cooper is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...