How to Sync audio with video Vegas 7.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 8th, 2008, 02:47 AM   #1
New Boot

How to Sync audio with video Vegas 7.0

Hi - I am new to video editing and have been learning Sony Vegas 7. There are some great tutorial videos on YouTube which have helped a lot...

I am working on a photo slide show and have imported about 15 photos to the timeline. I created an audio track and imported an audio file. The audio file is considerable longer than the video track (photos). If a try to drag and compress the audio track down to match the length of the slide show, I get something like alvin and the chipmunks..

Can anyone give me some help on how to do this?

Thanks,
Pete
Pete Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 04:55 AM   #2
Inner Circle

The way I see it, you have three choices.
Add more pictures, keep the existing ones on screen longer, or fade out the audio file (a song?) off at an appropriate point.
Mike Kujbida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 05:10 AM   #3
Trustee

Hover the cursor over the end of the music clip and a square box with a two way arrow appears. Grab it by left clicking once the icon appears and drag it until it is about 3-4 seconds past the end of your last slide.

Then hover the cursor over the top of the end of the clip until the fade icon appears (sometimes tricky to get - have to move the cursor around a bit), left click and drag the fade back before the end of your last slide. You could fade the slide out also. This will make the slide fade to black and the music continue just a bit longer. Fiddle with it till it sounds and looks right.
Renton Maclachlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2008, 01:54 PM   #4
Major Player

Ther elegant solution would be to shorten the song by taking out certain portions (a refrain or a chorus) being sure to match up the tempo and beat.
Old April 8th, 2008, 02:06 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Esslinger View Post
Ther elegant solution would be to shorten the song by taking out certain portions (a refrain or a chorus) being sure to match up the tempo and beat.
Yes, simply edit the song. It may take a few tries, but it's relatively easy to do accurately.

Or, as someone said, extend the length of your clips.

rgb
Rob Gregory-Browne is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...