DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   What Happens in Vegas... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/)
-   -   Pro type Titler question about "Fly in" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/what-happens-vegas/119727-pro-type-titler-question-about-fly.html)

Paul Fort April 18th, 2008 10:20 PM

Pro type Titler question about "Fly in"

I searched for this topic and found a long thread that turned into a discussion on how flying text is a juvenile taste that conveys the presence of an amateur.

I am an amateur; however, I am not a juvenile. If I keep trying to use this titler, I may just cry like a baby!

So we have this established on to the question.

I start by draging the "empty" preset in the Pro Type titler to the time line.
I then chose the the Fly in templet from the "collections" and drag it in to the time line of the Media Generator. Pressing play starts the text and the words "The Brown Fox" fly in.

Now the problem
I double right or left click in the window to edit the text.
so far so good. I enter my text.
but If I delete the T" in the word "The" of The brown fox, I loose all of the attributes of this animation.

I cannot just change the text with my own without loosing the flyin part of this.

So thats my question or problem.

Anyone have a clue?

Renton Maclachlan April 19th, 2008 01:06 AM

I've only just started looking at Protitler and had exactly the same problem - and can't remember how I got around it! :-(

I've got something presentable but am really flying blind on it - have no understanding of how it works.

I aen't strictly a juvenile either...

Ron Anderson April 19th, 2008 01:53 AM

The reason you loose the fly in effect when you delete the letter "T" is because there is a feature in the ProType Titler called "cascade". "Cascading keyframes simplify animation by allowing you to animate a character, word, or line of text and then apply those keyframe settings to sibling items in the text block" (quoted from the help tool). This saves you tons of time for complex text effects. You just have to remember to turn it off before making any keyframe changes and then turn it back on to allow the new change to affect the siblings.

So in this case... all the sizing keyframes used for the "T" are also applied to all the other characters in the line and by deleting the "T" you are also deleting the keyframing that makes it look like it is flying in. If you want that effect don't delete anything... just double click on the text box in the workspace and highlight all the text and retype what you want and then hit esc to exit the text edit mode.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Paul Fort April 19th, 2008 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Anderson (Post 863289)
The reason you loose the fly in effect when you delete the letter "T" is because there is a feature in the ProType Titler called "cascade". "Cascading keyframes simplify animation by allowing you to animate a character, word, or line of text and then apply those keyframe settings to sibling items in the text block" (quoted from the help tool). This saves you tons of time for complex text effects. You just have to remember to turn it off before making any keyframe changes and then turn it back on to allow the new change to affect the siblings.

So in this case... all the sizing keyframes used for the "T" are also applied to all the other characters in the line and by deleting the "T" you are also deleting the keyframing that makes it look like it is flying in. If you want that effect don't delete anything... just double click on the text box in the workspace and highlight all the text and retype what you want and then hit esc to exit the text edit mode.

Hope this helps.

Ron

Bingo thanks. now I won't cry it works

Marius Boruch April 7th, 2011 08:38 AM

Re: Pro type Titler question about "Fly in"

1 Attachment(s)
Ron,
I don't know but I must be doing something wrong with it; I clicked on that "blue" toggle cascade icon by "character T" and letter T is still highlighted... when I retype it it deletes letter T....how to do that??? It should be so easy. see attached

Ron Anderson April 7th, 2011 03:04 PM

What are you trying to do? Change the keyframing or just change the text?

Marius Boruch April 7th, 2011 03:05 PM

just change text, but I can't change that "T"

Edward Troxel April 7th, 2011 07:57 PM

You have to highlight all the text and then start typing. You CANNOT delete the "T".