How to put Vegas files back onto Canon HF100? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old April 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #1
Regular Crew

How to put Vegas files back onto Canon HF100?

Can someone please help me out with how to edit a video in Vegas, then put that finished file back onto the HF100 for playback? I've tried creating a mts (renaming to m2ts) file in Vegas and simply copying it back to the HF100, but it doesn't read it. Is there a certain format/spec the HF100 is looking for to show up on the SD card? It looks like you can edit with the bundled Pixela software, then copy it back, but that does me no good since I work with Vegas.
Stephen Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 07:16 AM   #2

Vegas doesn't currently write the correct headers to print this back to the camera. Printback to camera of AVCHD isn't a high priority, IMO, compared to simply being able to import all the different formats.
You might edit in Vegas, drop the edited file into Pixela and print from there.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 10:06 AM   #3
Regular Crew

that was my initial thought process too, but unfortunately pixela doesn't recognize the right codec being used to import. the files that it DOES like are H.264 compliant. I can't seem to render a file from Vegas that meets that criteria. I'm sure it's there somewhere, but I can't find it.
Stephen Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 10:35 AM   #4
Regular Crew

i thought i was on the right track just now. i used SONY AVC as the type, then under custom, i changed the System to MPEG-2 transport stream. it populated all the correct info for the format (including resolution and .m2ts extension), but when i tried to render, it just said "an unknown error has occurred." i wonder if anyone else gets this error?
Stephen Byrd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...