Audio on old project out of sync at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

What Happens in Vegas...
...stays in Vegas! This PC-based editing app is a safe bet with these tips.

Old May 1st, 2008, 05:39 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Audio on old project out of sync

So here's a weird one - opened up an old project, in storage for about a year on an external hard drive, for re-rendering for digibeta, and got multiple instances of this and similar errors when .veg opening:

Media file E:\Feet Backup\Feet of Clay Pool - Clip 012 - 000 - 000.avi has changed enough that the media stream properties from the project file could not be applied. Default media stream properties were used.

So now, all the clips specified in these errors are waaay out of sync. The audio clips were from a separate sound sytem, which I synced by slate, so I can't simply reconnect media with Ultimate S. If I can't find a way to fix this, I'm going to have to manually re-link them up by eye. Huge pain in the ass. Anyone have any idea what's going on here? I've tried opening the project in both 8.0b and 7.0d, no change.
Mark Holmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:09 PM   #2
Regular Crew

This is gonna sound dumb, but have you placed the file on your system so it is in exactly the same location it was in before?

ie: if the original location was E:\Feet Backup\Feet of Clay Pool - Clip 012 - 000 - 000.avi, then make a folder on E drive called Feet Backup, etc, and drop the file there.

~

I had audio sync loss using a file that had been moved and could not get sync back til I recreated the original location with the same file... then all was good. Go figure.

Caveat: In my case the file was a VBR mp3... so my situation was not identical as yours. But maybe...

l8r
rob

ps ~ you'll need to use the last project file where all-was-good, not the one since the glitch occurred.
Rob Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2008, 12:11 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks Rob, Don't know if that would work, but seem to have found a solution. I saved the project onto another drive, with the option of saving all media, trimming it with a 2-second head and tail. Somewhere in that process, they all seem to have gotten back in sync. Perhaps Vegas needs an option like Final Cut where you "reconnect media". But I'm back up and running...
Mark Holmes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Windows / PC Post Production Solutions > What Happens in Vegas...